Warning for anyone with the 2018 Ruby/Star etc. ship swap!

A&Jfamily

Check your reservation! We booked with $1 deposits on Star. They switched us to Ruby. Just got an email that our "3 day hold" was about to expire and we now owe $200 deposits on both rooms. We are calling Princess now....

Wouldn't this be better suited for the Princess threads. Princess and Carnival are two completely different lines, but, are owned by the same company

My error. Was bouncing boards and thought I was still on Princess.

We had the same thing happen & called Princess yesterday. Basically, "tough luck". We asked if we could get a Welcome Back cruise credit -- nope. We went ahead & canceled our reservation because the cruise is more than a year away and we'll look for another sale.

It took about 30 minutes and it's 98% straightened out. We had $1 deposit and sip and sail and those promos were apparently not supposed to work together so they went thru all kinds of hurdles to cancel and rebook so we keep our kids across the hall. To their credit they honored the reservation with both promotions. The only thing they screwed up was we paid $4 instead of 2 on one room due to a credit processing error. For $2 it is NOT worth a call back...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same thing happened on our adjusted booking, except it was fixed automatically about two hours later without me having to call. Same promos, same deposit ($2). Only teensy glitch is we had B2B bookings and they put all the goodwill credit on one booking...but it is all still there.

I had an issue with the cabins.

We were in the last mini suite Aft, with the longer balcony on the Star (Emerald deck). On Ruby, there is ONE more cabin. Originally they gave us "the same cabin" in number only. So we had to call and move over one more. It took a little bit of time, but it was settled. I would not have been happy if we didn't get that cabin. We have friends traveling with us, so they have the cabin next to us. We plan to open up the balcony so the kids can roam from one room to the other and we can all enjoy the big balcony.

We had the same thing happen & called Princess yesterday. Basically, "tough luck". We asked if we could get a Welcome Back cruise credit -- nope. We went ahead & canceled our reservation because the cruise is more than a year away and we'll look for another sale.

Good thinking. :)

Tony