Same Itinerary $400 More Next Year

mrsh678

We had to cancel our cruise for this March due to my mothers medical emergency. When looking at the price to go on the same one (itinerary and ship) next March it is $400 more...that's not nice considering I found a cruise on Norwegian $100 less with $100 OBC, 3 visits to specialty restaurants, and unlimited beverages/drinks.

We had to cancel our cruise for this March due to my mothers medical emergency. When looking at the price to go on the same one (itinerary and ship) next March it is $400 more...that's not nice considering I found a cruise on Norwegian $100 less with $100 OBC, 3 visits to specialty restaurants, and unlimited beverages/drinks.
Take the NCL cruise then. It's a better deal and NCL is great. You're saving a lot. Contrary to what a lot of Carnival cruisers believe, there are better deals elsewhere. Remember, cruises vary in price week to week. The aft-balcony cabin on my Horizon cruise is $1100 more only one week earlier.

:o

Take the NCL cruise then. It's a better deal and NCL is great. You're saving a lot. Contrary to what a lot of Carnival cruisers believe, there are better deals elsewhere. Remember, cruises vary in price week to week. The aft-balcony cabin on my Horizon cruise is $1100 more only one week earlier.

:o:oWow that's a big jump.

By this time next year the Carnival cruise may be $400. less than the NCL cruise.

One fact about cruise fares is that they change. Often. Sometimes a lot.

If you have the resources, book and deposit both cruises. Then, before final payment, cancel whichever one you decide not to take.

I'm probably not the only person who thinks Carnival is testing the waters for higher fares going into the future. IMHO, if Carnival's fares are not competitive, book the cheaper alternative fare or otherwise stay on the sidelines and see where Carnival's fares are going forward. Since Carnival typically offers the cheaper cruise experience, it may end up being worth your while to wait until Carnival fare's catch up.

Carnival is charging more and more and giving less quality every year.