Spa Services on Royal Caribbean

I am heading out on a cruise on RC in 2 weeks and I received an email about booking spa services ahead of time. It said it was 30% selected services. The only services that seemed discounted was the times when the ship is in ports. I want to book 2 services but not for while we are in port. Should I book those ahead of time to ensure I get them when I want them? What are the other advantages of booking prior to being on the ship?

Specials are typically only for port days. Formal nights especially there will not be any discounts to speak of. Maybe you can book several different sessions and get a break overall. But if the days you want are formal nights, book now

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe it's cruise crowd specific or has changed in recent months, but in the past I have seen bundle packages onboard for formal nights that looked like they saved some money. That being said, I expect it would be hard to get an appointment if you waited that long. I had some challenge even booking a quick wash and blow out last minute.

I previously really enjoyed doing an early morning massage on port days. The earliest spots are typically earlier than you can get off the ship, so it doesn't interfere with enjoying the port, and it was a nice way to start the day. However, be prepared for a highly aggressive product sell at the end of service.

If you want manicure/pedicure treatments on one the days of formal night book NOW.

For massages, etc. then it is a crapshoot in regards to discounts offered once on board, however discounts are generally offered on port days. I have seen exceptions.

For massages, we like to get them on the first sea day (day 1 or 2 for Caribbean cruises) and they rarely offer discounts. I prebook these also because standing in line behind people in the spa on embarkation day while they try to decide on the treatments is a PIA when I know exactly what me and my wife want to book.

DW and I always do a couples bamboo massage and the 30% off price is a really good buy; until I looked at when the discounts were available. I am not all about getting a massage at 8:30 AM on a port day.

We will wait until on board and pick our times that work best on a day that works best. We have never had a problem booking on board for a time that works. We do usually make the RSVP on the second day just to make sure we have a wide selection of days and times.