Excursion ideas for a frequent Coz visitor

gigem_aggies

We've been to Cozumel 1/2 a dozen times. We've done the dolphin encounters a couple of times (Dolphanaris and Chankanaab), snorkel and sail a couple of times, and Nachi a couple of times. Will be traveling with my sister and her husband and my husband in November. No kids. Nachi has no availability for the day we are in port. I'm looking for some new ideas.

Must have: Booze. Food. Sand. Clear Water. Hammocks and shade trees. Quieter.

Any suggestions? According to our FB roll call everyone is going to Mr. Sancho's, so I think we'd like to avoid that. I've been looking at Passion Island?

Edited by gigem_aggies

We've been to Cozumel 1/2 a dozen times. We've done the dolphin encounters a couple of times (Dolphanaris and Chankanaab), snorkel and sail a couple of times, and Nachi a couple of times. Will be traveling with my sister and her husband and my husband in November. No kids. Nachi has no availability for the day we are in port. I'm looking for some new ideas.

Must have: Booze. Food. Sand. Clear Water. Hammocks and shade trees. Quieter.

Any suggestions? According to our FB roll call everyone is going to Mr. Sancho's, so I think we'd like to avoid that. I've been looking at Passion Island?

Unless you are set on finding one place to stay for the whole time I would recommend checking out the Bar Hop to experience the east side, which will undoubtedly be quieter with all the re-routed ships. First stop, Punta Morena has hammocks and small pool. You can cool in the ocean there but ocean swimming is not recommended on east side. We have also taken private ride there and stayed the whole time but be sure to arrange return transport.

If you are intent on one place maybe one of the AI day passes to a resort hotel like Occidental (check Cozumel Watersports for choices) or take taxi north away from crowds to Playa Azul.

I would also recommend the Cozumel Bar Hop, if you haven't done this before... Or, even better, hire a driver and see the East side at your own pace. I have hired the services of Crescencio with Black Hat Tours, and have always had a great day.