Just 'booked' with Steve at Tropicante

carmel

We are going to have one extremely quiet beach day and one more 'robust' beach day. Our day at Mahahual will be the peppier one. I think it is a good mix. I'm really excited.

I just wanted to say that I found Steve to be exceptionally prompt and organized in his replies to me and very accommodating. I'm looking forward to spending a day there. My hubby is looking forward to the food. We are going in April and his birthday is in March. I think my daughters and I are going to get him a massage on the beach at Tropicante as a surprise.

Okay - for those of you who have been, what is a delicious dish to advise my DH to order? He grew up in Los Angeles and knows authentic Mexican. What is tastey???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the tropicante!

Chairs/umbrellas are free in exchange for a purchase or two. Make reservations with Steve ( just google the tropicante for the email). The place gets busy, they run out of chairs.

The beach is nice, the food and drinks good. The massages AMAZING!!!! And only 25$ Insane!!!

Steve is an American ex-pat. He has free internet and will even allow you to phone home, free.

The place is right on the boardwalk with tons of souvenir vendors. Taxi is only 2$ per person to get here.

Fun/cheap day

Just spent Tuesday at Tropicante, I agree with all of the above. Small place, great massages, Steve is very personable and goes around checking on all his guests. Jorge will arrange whatever you need in the way of extra activities, my husband wanted coffee early in the morning so he went elsewhere to get that, the couple in front of us wanted to do diving so he arranged that with a shop down the street. We did not eat much, but I am sure your husband will find something on the menu; it is a fishing village so try something with fish on the menu.

• 10 months later...

Does anyone have a recent email or website to reach Steve at Tropicante?

Also, does anyone know if you can pre-book your massage when you reserve your lounge chairs or do you need to to wait until the day you show up at Tropicante to book your massage? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!

We have been to Tropicante several times in the past few years and will be there again in December. We have never had to pre book anything. It will be arranged when you get there. As far as food, everything is delicious. If you go fishing and catch something, Tropicante will clean and cook it for you. Going to Tropicante is truly one of our favorite places to be when we are cruising. Very casual and low key. Enjoy!

• 1 year later...
We plan to go to Tropicante on our cruise in December.

Here's a link to my webpage with info/photos I've found on the internet: Tropicante. Be sure to read my "warning" in red at the top of the webpage.

Would like to read your page, but it's not there. Tried finding it off the base page but no links for Costa Maya or Tropicante.

• 2 weeks later...

We were at Tropicante last week. I can’t recommend it enough. Steve was around and we chatted. He is a wealth of information. Beer was cheap, food delicious, beach amazing. Best day of the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums