Inifinity cabin - 8046 or aft 8172, 8170?

phabric

Presently I have 8046 booked for Med cruise, this will my second Celebrity cruise.

Has anybody been in cabin - 8046?

The aft cabins 8172, 8170 are available.

Has anybody been in 8172 or 8170?

Would you switch cabins to have an aft view?

I very much like the view from the aft cabins esp on Infinity and her sister ships.

We've stayed in the quad family cabin 8166 aboard Infinity twice which is two cabins away from 8172.

The aft balconies on Deck 8 are nearly 20 ft deep (10 ft wide) so they are massive. And I just love the view of the wake.

f527971f1461a552fb2ab5fd477d7a05.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We loved the M Class ships aft end cabins when they all had the better specialty restaurants. I think Infinity had the USS United States. The balconies are very big and only half covered so wonderful for breakfast outside and getting some sun or backing into the shade to read. We just booked a B2B on the Summit for next January and unfortunately because they turned the Normandie into a Tuscan Grille we went for a Sky Suite solely so the spouse can enjoy Lumanae. Coming from Wisconsin I would prefer the Caribbean sun on a much bigger after balcony. For the Med, again, great for a delivered Concierge breakfast or a late night bottle of wine. Those balconies are big enough to move around on and have a table for 4.

I had Infinity 8045, the twin to 8046. As you know, the angle makes that balcony extra big, but at the same cost as the balcony rooms around it. We loved it. The angle both shelters the wind coming from the bow, but also allows you to place your chair so you are facing to the side and aft. For us, it was the best deal out there: a bigger balcony at a lower cost, with both a side and aft view. I would take one of those two cabins again in a heartbeat.

No matter what you choose, it will be great.

Pick another ship! Infinity has propulsion problems. They will not inform you of this until one week before cruise. It slows the ship down. We missed two ports and were very late (dark) at another where shops were already closed! Got in a bad storm and the ship could hardly handle it! Dangerous!

Pick another ship! Infinity has propulsion problems. They will not inform you of this until one week before cruise. It slows the ship down. We missed two ports and were very late (dark) at another where shops were already closed! Got in a bad storm and the ship could hardly handle it! Dangerous!

The propulsion issues (azipod) will be fixed in a dry dock beginning April 2. Many ships have these same issues from time to time. You never know what may happen at any time to cause itinerary changes. Weather plays a big part.

I've sailed twice on the Infinity without any issues and had great cruises.

I’m going in October on the Infinity and have 6048, which looks similar to 8046. I read on line that sunbathing is an issue with the overhang, but that a full sized lounger will fit. My dermatologist would yell at me for sunbathing, anyway, and I’m looking forward to the bit of extra balcony space.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The propulsion issues (azipod) will be fixed in a dry dock beginning April 2. Many ships have these same issues from time to time. You never know what may happen at any time to cause itinerary changes. Weather plays a big part.

I've sailed twice on the Infinity without any issues and had great cruises.

That’s great to know! Thanks for that update. We were on the Allure when it was having both propulsion and power issues.

The Infinity is being dry docked April 2 to repair the propulsion issues. Will be back for April 17 Panama Cruise.

That’s great to know! Thanks for that update. We were on the Allure when it was having both propulsion and power issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app