Luggage Limits

Hello all,

Need some assistance please. Wife and I have 1 checked bag but it weighs more than the 50 pound limit. The NCL website claims to have a weight limit on bags. What is the penalty (LOL) for an overweight bag? Also, it says that there is a 2 item limit per person. Is that 2 checked bags or checked + carry on?

Thanks!!!

If you are flying then you will be limited by whatever the airline rules are as they will be stricter than the cruise line. That being said, use your best judgement. I mean there are people who will have to pick up and move your luggage and they appreciate it not being crazy overweight. I personally would break it up into 2 bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are flying then you will be limited by whatever the airline rules are as they will be stricter than the cruise line. That being said, use your best judgement. I mean there are people who will have to pick up and move your luggage and they appreciate it not being crazy overweight. I personally would break it up into 2 bags.

And 2 bags are cheaper than one overweight bag, when flying ;)

We are both allowed three 70-pound bags on AA. Don’t want to carry that mcuch on the ship.

Not everyone has status and flies first class. Most people are limited to 50 lb bags.

Not everyone has status and flies first class. Most people are limited to 50 lb bags.

Ah,,, so you get that when people blindly assert fact, they don’t always take into account that people flying internationally may be different than domestic which may be different based on class which may be differwnt based on fate class.

Ah,,, so you get that when people blindly assert fact, they don’t always take into account that people flying internationally may be different than domestic which may be different based on class which may be differwnt based on fate class.

Flying internationally is no different than domestically - still 50 lbs per bag! You must be in upper class or have an elite status. Business class allows you 2 bags 50 lbs each, no heavier.

Beware Norwegian Air as it's 44lbs (20 kg) :eek:.

And 2 bags are cheaper than one overweight bag, when flying ;)

I fly southwest so I never pay for bags [emoji12] and I didn’t know we were talking about cost.

Because I have always been afraid of delays getting bags delivered and needing a few things the afternoon of boarding, I used to (when I had to fly to ports) check one (small or medium size) bag and use a small carry-on for those first-day necessities. A wheeled carry-on is easier for me in case there is a wait before having cabin access.

The carry-on helped make sure my checked bag wasn’t overweight thankfully.

I fly southwest so I never pay for bags [emoji12] and I didn’t know we were talking about cost.

Well, some airlines allow the first bag free, depending on the fare you paid. I said 2 bags are cheaper than one overweight because the 2nd bag costs something like $35 whereas an overweight bag costs something like $100.

Don't worry too much about getting to the embarkation port by air if your bags are close to the airline weight limits. Worry about getting home with all the souvenirs and offshore alcohol you have bought!! They kill the weight limits.