How can I find out if a large group has booked a departure?

I booked a cruise from Baltimore that departs in late August 2014. In early March there was availability in all categories. Around March 21 the cruise was listed as N/A and since then only two very expensive suites have been available for the departure.

I find it unusual that a departure would be sold out six months in advance and wonder if a large group has reserved all of the remaining cabins.

Any ideas?

I booked a cruise from Baltimore that departs in late August 2014. In early March there was availability in all categories. Around March 21 the cruise was listed as N/A and since then only two very expensive suites have been available for the departure.

I find it unusual that a departure would be sold out six months in advance and wonder if a large group has reserved all of the remaining cabins.

Any ideas?

I didn't find anything - there could be other reasons that it is showing N/A.

Edited by Merion_Mom

This same situation just happened to me. I booked for January 2015 and in march the cruise was listed as n/a. I couldn't get any answers from Royal Caribbean so I did a Google search and found that a heavy metal group of about 60 bands had chartered this ship for my dates. Finally royal Caribbean called me and said I had to change my date since the ship has been chartered.

Good luck hope this doesn't happen to you.

This same situation just happened to me. I booked for January 2015 and in march the cruise was listed as n/a. I couldn't get any answers from Royal Caribbean so I did a Google search and found that a heavy metal group of about 60 bands had chartered this ship for my dates. Finally royal Caribbean called me and said I had to change my date since the ship has been chartered.

I think that's horrible. They shouldn't allow any ship that has existing bookings to be turned into a charter...ceetainly not without compensation to you.

Edited by sweetpea1714

Thanks for the replies. So far I haven't found any group listed on the Grandeur for August 29 but am still wondering why the n/a appeared rather suddenly in March.

Any other ideas would be appreciated and I certainly don't want to get a call from RCI saying my reservation has to be rebooked. This is a special cruise for us.

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

When is the best time to book Grandure for February'15, Presidents' week? Will we get better prices in December/January or is it likely to be sold out? I wish I could start a new thread with this question, but I don't know how to do it. So I am putting the same question in different threads. Sorry if you read it elsewhere and Thank You for responses.

When is the best time to book Grandure for February'15, Presidents' week? Will we get better prices in December/January or is it likely to be sold out? I wish I could start a new thread with this question, but I don't know how to do it. So I am putting the same question in different threads. Sorry if you read it elsewhere and Thank You for responses.

Answered this question in the other thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42639464&postcount=98

The August 29th cruise is a "holiday" cruise since Labor Day falls on Sept 1. Not sure how many staterooms suddenly disappeared in March.... We did have an extremely harsh winter which made lots of people think about vacations. 6 days to Bermuda over labor Day may have just appealed to many people that had severe cases of cabin fever?

Edited by JMG

I think you are the one with good luck for not having to cruise with 60 heavy metal bands. For course this is just my opinion.

Presidents' week will be full of school kids. (school vacation)

:eek::eek::eek: