Wedding Anniversary While Staying in Yacht Club - Need Ideas

Safe77

My wife and I will celebrate out 24th anniversary on October 22nd, part-way through a Seaside cruise that begins on October 20th. We'll be in the Yacht Club, our second sailing there. She is a fine woman and I'd like to make this a special anniversary for her. But I'm analytical, not creative. She doesn't like public attention. Can y'all please help me with some cruise-themed ideas that will make this memorable and show her how much she means to me? Expensive jewelry doesn't cut it; we've already done all of that. She'd be more impressed with something that shows I've put time and thought into it. Perhaps some will say I'm cheating by asking others for help, but I see this request as simply involving sage resources (y'all!!) available to me. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

My wife and I will celebrate out 24th anniversary on October 22nd, part-way through a Seaside cruise that begins on October 20th. We'll be in the Yacht Club, our second sailing there. She is a fine woman and I'd like to make this a special anniversary for her. But I'm analytical, not creative. She doesn't like public attention. Can y'all please help me with some cruise-themed ideas that will make this memorable and show her how much she means to me? Expensive jewelry doesn't cut it; we've already done all of that. She'd be more impressed with something that shows I've put time and thought into it. Perhaps some will say I'm cheating by asking others for help, but I see this request as simply involving sage resources (y'all!!) available to me. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

You might ask your butler to decorate your cabin on the night you choose. We’ve had rose petals and kissing swans on bed. You might also ask the concierge if there is anything special to suggest. If she had rather not have a fuss made in the dining room, where they will sing and deliver a cake, the cake could be sent to cabin. Special couples spa treatment would be nice. A night in a speciality restaurant is another idea.

So sweet of you to do this for your DW!!

Random ideas:

—Consider going to a party store and buying decorations—either cruise themed or anniversary (or both?!?)—then take along magnets to decorate walls and ceiling. Put them up when she’s out of the cabin or maybe in the shower; or get with a butler to have cabin decorated while your out.

—MSC offers free cakes for birthdays for black cards: ask your TA to see if one would be provided for anniversary; double check when onboard.

—Does MSC have an onboard florist? Maybe arrangement for cabin or corsage?

—Make it “Anniversary Week” and try to do something different each day.

—Buy a card and get your butlers, concierge, bar tender, the Officers at the Meet & Mingle, etc. to secretly sign it for both of you.

—As soon as you board, arrange with your butler to have a private sailaway for just the 2 of you to start Anniversary Week, to include bubbly and snacks (think strawberries and chocolate!!).

Maybe some of these will spark your creativity and you’ll discover a plan that fits your personality and would please your DW!!

Do come back after your cruise and let us know what you did for your anniversary surprise!!

Coordinate something for inside of the stateroom. On the day of the anniversary, have room service bring something special (making her think that is her surprise), then while you are out of the stateroom during the day, have something arranged so that upon return, the "surprise!" moment will really surprise her.

Here is a different idea… To add to the others… I don't know how creative you are but you could make an insert that would be inside of your daily with all the things going on on your actual anniversary and have it in color all about you pictures and notes, wedding picture, favorite song lyrics, etc.

When she turns the page to see what is going in it would be unexpected.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 3

You actually had me racking my brain to try and think of something that would be sweet for my DH to do while we are on our "20th Anniversary Cruise" next month even though our anniversary was in September, other than his... hey book a big trip or something for our anniversary. Actually.. that is what he just did last week saying "We need to book something big in 4-5 years for his 45th birthday and our 25th anniversary"

Not knowing your wife it would be hard to say in general, but does your wife collect anything smallish that you could pack and surprise her with? Or any hobbies? I would love it if my DH could sneak pack one of the more expensive teddy bears I collect and surprise me with it! Or something like a new tablet loaded with my favorite author (if we weren't already bringing 2 tablets..) or something like that.

It doesn't even have to be something physical you can give her on the ship at least IMO but even a "voucher" type gift if need be. Something she would love to be able to do/get, but would feel she needs your approval to do it. Example would be I would love another dog, even though I realize how much having 2 dogs would limit our travel plans as boarding 1 dog for 3 weeks is going to cost us as much as airfare for our cruise and kind of limits long trips. But while my DH is not up for the idea, knowing if I did find the perfect new dog to fit into our household (1 dog and 3 cats already so HA good luck on that one!) just having the option to be able to do that would send me over the moon! 

I use that as an example because depending on your wife since we don't know her, gestures can me a lot more than an actual gift to some people, even if they probably won't actually act on it, can mean the world. 

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm married to an analytical, not creative man. And I have all of the jewelry I need.  What I really love is when my husband writes notes or poems for me. Nothing to long, just a short paragraph in a card. Have the butler bring a small cake.  My husband knows my favorite candy, so if you know hers, that works too. FYI, we've been married 38 years.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:42 PM, Safe77 said:

Thank you very much for the great ideas and recommendations!  I'll figure out which ones I'm going to do and will let you know at the end of the cruise what worked well.  Thanks again!    

What did you do in the end and how did it work out, love to hear how the day went.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the looonnng delay in responding.  I’ve been preoccupied with unexpected work-related travel lately.

In the end, things didn’t go like I had expected or planned; they went better!  My wife let it slip to our cabin attendant when we got on the ship that we’d be celebrating our anniversary during this cruise.  I didn’t think much of it because we had already decided we’d celebrate with a special lunch in one of the port towns.

On the evening of our anniversary, our waiter and table captain surprised us with a song and a special desert.  When we got to our cabin, we found that our butler and cabin attendant had decorated very smartly while we were out. My wife was very pleased with everything (even the singing!).

All in all, it was a splendid celebration and a wonderful cruise!  

• Like 1