Jack's shack. Grand Turk

saphir

We always go to Jack's Shack. We never ate there ( have been there 3 times ), but we love the people, the drinks, the dog ( Topher) and the less commercial atmosphere. It is about a 15 minute walk. It is where the ships people hang out, if they have leave.

Going again this Sept, and can't wait :)

Edited by SASA13

• 1 month later...
Jacks Shack, a few picnic tables on an open deck , the best think about JS is the view of the ocean :rolleyes:, but you see the same ocean all the way down the beach. If it rains on your parade ,bring your umbrella. Nasty rest room. Grill that has not been cleaned since day one. One of our group tried the jerk chicken , stayed sick for the rest of his cruise icon4.gif.

Jacks Shack , not for me :eek:.

......for the most current review of JS. It helped me decide what to do and where to go on the island.

Went to Jacks Shack last October and had a good time. Very friendly, great drinks, relaxed time. Didn't try the jerked Chicken but had some at the local shops. I wouldn't worry too much about rain. The day we were there it rained on and off all day. It was never cold or even cool just enjoy. I also suggest going down the other end of the beach to the point. You can pick up some good conch shells.

We didn't eat there either. Good Mojitos! We had the guy set up chairs & umbrella for us for $10.00. No waiter ever came out to us. but it wasn't a problem.

Brought inflatable beach toys (from Target) and sat on the beach and played in the water for 3 hours. Only 1 other family swimming near us.

This was one of the highlights of our trip. Fun day with no crowds! Would definitely go there again.

There is a stand about 500 feet away that sells Grand Turk Beer for $3.00.

We didn't eat there either. Good Mojitos! We had the guy set up chairs & umbrella for us for $10.00. No waiter ever came out to us. but it wasn't a problem.

Brought inflatable beach toys (from Target) and sat on the beach and played in the water for 3 hours. Only 1 other family swimming near us.

This was one of the highlights of our trip. Fun day with no crowds! Would definitely go there again.

There is a stand about 500 feet away that sells Grand Turk Beer for $3.00.

That guy who set up your chairs was Jack the owner :) His wife Janet is the bartender

No waiters just them and a cook. Did you see the dogs

We loved the dogs, we have the cutest picture of our daughter sitting next to the one that likes to fish.

There were a couple of young ladies bar tending. I didn't go up, my son did, he thought they were Canadian for some reason.

We spent a couple of hours there. Topher dug the whole while. When he got hot he would take a swim and then return to his digging. Jack's other dog goes to Margaritaville and takes a few laps in the pool. Great people, good conch, cold beer. I will go back.

• 2 weeks later...
We spent a couple of hours there. Topher dug the whole while. When he got hot he would take a swim and then return to his digging. Jack's other dog goes to Margaritaville and takes a few laps in the pool. Great people, good conch, cold beer. I will go back.

Do you remember how much the cold beer was? Did you walk or taxi? Also anyone know how much the taxi is back to the ship may not want to walk in the heat after my beer lol

Thanks for any help!!

l couldn't find Jack's last time l was there. Can amy1 tell me how to get there. How do u take a cab there if u don't know the address, and where are the cabs? I'm in a wheelchair, but l can walk(slow). going to turk soon, but l wanna try jack's this time...please help

l couldn't find Jack's last time l was there. Can amy1 tell me how to get there. How do u take a cab there if u don't know the address, and where are the cabs? I'm in a wheelchair, but l can walk(slow). going to turk soon, but l wanna try jack's this time...please help

http://www.turksandcaicostourism.com/rental-cars.html

If I were you I would rent a golf cart and drive to and from jacks or tour around the island.The island is very small.But to walk to Jacks is a little much

A lot of people use Nathans ,his info is in the link above

Well Mike, l was unable to find someone that rents golf carts. l went to the site u gave me to inquire about the price, but was told that he does not have golf carts, only 2wheeled scooters, not ideal. Is he the only idea you had? l wrote Mike & Janet to ask about a pick up, we'll see. Only 39 more days!

Well Mike, l was unable to find someone that rents golf carts. l went to the site u gave me to inquire about the price, but was told that he does not have golf carts, only 2wheeled scooters, not ideal. Is he the only idea you had? l wrote Mike & Janet to ask about a pick up, we'll see. Only 39 more days!

Nathan is still experiencing internet problems as of 8/11. He has 2 telephone numbers he can be contacted at. (649) 231-4856 OR (649) 432-2465.

This is from the thread I linked for you above.I don't think Jack and Janet pick up but they may be able to guide you as to who to book for a golf cart

I would try to call Nathan

• 3 months later...
The walk isn't far, but we prefer walking the sidewalk rather than the beach. It takes less time and is an easier walk. The Local Village also serves drinks, fresh conch salad, conch fingers, conch fritters, and sometimes if you get there early enough, lobster.

Where are the sidewalks? In the back? We walked the beach to get there, but I'm not up to it anymore, so sidewalks would be a blessing. Not to get to Jack's though, but the bar beside it.

Didn't really care for Jack's....warm beer and broken chairs you have to pay for...not impressed, but do want to try the bar beside Jacks, so where are the sidewalks?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, will definitely have to check out Jacks Shack but Margaritaville is awesome....swimup bar, good drinks...great beach right off port, can't beat it!! Love Foxys and Soggy Dollar so maybe Jacks Shack is a little like those places. I guess a walk down the beach never hurts anyone!