Dining Room attire on embarkation day

rfauss

First night is informal/smart casual(?). So, while not formal, mens' jackets and "smart" attire are requested. You're expected to make the effort to respect the standards. That said, everyone's understanding about first night luggage considerations (especially early seating). I would expect that the Maitre d' might mention the dress code, but if there's a problem, I'm sure you wouldn't be sent to your cabin for bread and water or left to roam King's Court,

The dress code in the dining room on embarkation day is normally "Smart Attire: Gentlemen, every night we request you wear smart trousers with a shirt and jacket; tie is optional. Ladies, blouses and skirts or stylish trousers and dresses are welcome."

You can confirm this for your particular voyage by checking the details of your voyage itinerary within Voyage Personaliser.

As MarkBearSF indicated in your other thread on this subject, if there are issues with your luggage delivery, then naturally some latitude will be granted and somewhat more casual attire would be acceptable in situations like that.

Edited by bluemarble

Not casual - what Cunard calls 'smart attire' [informal, jacket required] is typical for embarkation and port days. The Gala [formal] nights are minimally 'dark suit with tie' - most gents wear tux/dinner jackets.

Ladies seem to have a more varied selection of options.

Dress code discussions seem to erupt fairly frequently here - this may spark a fresh one ;-)

Cunard's official dress code page is at https://www.cunard.com/life-on-board/what-to-pack/

DH wears a sportcoat and long pants on the plane anyway, so he just freshens up for dinner. I wear nice slacks for boarding, but typically change into a dress for the evening.

I always travel with a blazer and good dress slacks. gets me better attention from all manner of service people and when I board the ship, I never have to worry about the luggage showing up late. I am all set for afternoon tea and dinner.

First night is informal/smart casual(?). So, while not formal, mens' jackets and "smart" attire are requested. You're expected to make the effort to respect the standards. That said, everyone's understanding about first night luggage considerations (especially early seating). I would expect that the Maitre d' might mention the dress code, but if there's a problem, I'm sure you wouldn't be sent to your cabin for bread and water or left to roam King's Court,

Thanks..........that's helpful information.

I always travel with a blazer and good dress slacks. gets me better attention from all manner of service people and when I board the ship, I never have to worry about the luggage showing up late. I am all set for afternoon tea and dinner.

My embarkation attire is always that which I would wear around the ship during the day so I too am ready for lunch after a quick spruce up. Dinner change of clothes requires my luggage but that's never been a problem and if it was, I'd dine in my lunch time outfit and expect [and get] leeway from the restaurant staff after an explanation about the delayed bags.

My I also add, in my experience it's not necessarily the clothes you wear which assures good service, it's a natural assumption the service is there for you. Works for me.