Carnival Sensation help....

Mish415

Hi all!

new to this site.

Just had to switch from the Carnival Conquest to the Carnival Sensation on 11/25/17. I dont see a group for that yet.

My question is - I noticed the Sensation only has ONE pool where the conquest had 3+ - I have only ever been on 1 cruise, the Emerald Princess - which had i believe 2 big ones and a small adult pool.

Am i worrying needlessly? I liked how the multiple pools spread out the kids in 1 pool, college kids in another, then the quiet pool.

Also, does anyone know if it has a deck where you can walk around the perimeter of the ship?? Im having trouble finding it. It was such a quiet peaceful place to sit when i was on the princess cruise and watch the sun set.

Tell me some great things about the Sensation so i stop worrying!

My group will be four 30 something adults.

thank you all!

There is a promenade of some sorts on the Lido Deck. You will go there for the infamous part deux of the safety drill. Even though it's near the pool area, by sunset it should be relatively peaceful. But you should check out the Serenity (adults only) area in the aft for a peaceful experience. The one pool can be a problem if it's shut down like it was on my Ecstasy cruise for half a day. They couldn't get the pH right. Just forget about the Princess cruise and don't bother comparing. You'll have a good time but it's a different experience altogether.

Edited by cruise pup

We just got back iam going to try an write a review which I never done the only bad thing I could say was there was not enough music especially at sea day an its your first day an your having a cocktail by the pool we heard no music until 4:00 an forget the muster drill that was forever other then that you will have a great time

• 1 month later...

DO NOT forget the muster drill. It is a safety measure that the cruises use. It is not perfect, but it is a way for the ships to TRY and have an orderly evacuation if there is an emergency. If not, all the folk who chose to miss, will turn an emergency into a chaotic mess in which lives could be lost.

Please adhere to all safety measures that the cruise line have installed.

The reason it takes so long, is because the staff are trying to find the folk who try and miss the muster drill. They have a count of all on board, and if their station is short, crew members have to go and check where they maybe. It would be much shorter if everyone cooperated.

• 1 month later...
forgot the good things you have to go to the sea day brunch its the only day they offer filet mignon an eggs for free, at dinner its $20

Debbi, did you do your review????

Hi all!

new to this site.

Just had to switch from the Carnival Conquest to the Carnival Sensation on 11/25/17. I dont see a group for that yet.

My question is - I noticed the Sensation only has ONE pool where the conquest had 3+ - I have only ever been on 1 cruise, the Emerald Princess - which had i believe 2 big ones and a small adult pool.

Am i worrying needlessly? I liked how the multiple pools spread out the kids in 1 pool, college kids in another, then the quiet pool.

Also, does anyone know if it has a deck where you can walk around the perimeter of the ship?? Im having trouble finding it. It was such a quiet peaceful place to sit when i was on the princess cruise and watch the sun set.

thank you all!

Despite having only a single pool, the layout and location (rear of the ship) of the waterworks area helps spread out the kids versus all at the center.

The serenity adults only area is at the aft as well and very relaxing to enjoy a peaceful evening and watch the sunset.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all!

new to this site.

thank you all!

Switch back or to other cruise line if you can! Just returned from 5-day trip on Sensation. Decor is outdated (70's) and in dire need of complete renovation. Boring entertainment, no comparison to Carnival's earlier Broadway-style shows. Hotel maintenance needs major improvement. The walking trail does not wind around the entire ship. We never located the adults only serenity retreat. Few seating areas that would accommodate a group of 20 or 30 adults comfortably. I would think that satisfaction with the cruise may be largely a factor of age. If you like your cruises to be stimulating, this ship is not "it."

Food was good, sometimes very good. Wines surprisingly drinkable and affordable.

I would call the Sensation a third-rate ship in every category except food and dining-room as well as purser staff. Their best assets.

Edited by 2Reisevoegl
omitted info

Hi all!

new to this site.

thank you all![/q

We did not enjoy our cruise at all change bk if you can. 6 hours out we had to turn bk because "someone" got sick. Because of this we lost one port to go to. Ok I understand sickness but I don't understand that we r only getting 20 percent off NEXT trip. We ARE NOT CRUISING again. 3000 people short chged and they only offer 20 percent off next cruise !!! They turned off navigation tv channel so we couldn't see where we were in water. It was horrible. 5 days cruising. Eight hrs off boat. That was our cruise. There is not enough to keep you busy for that long of cruising because you miss a port. They didn't tell anyone anything till it was too late and we were bk at sea .,,,They should have let us off ship when we were bk in port in maimi. Knowing we would have cruised that long only to go to one port, we would have gotten off and stayed in Miami. We have cruised before. Will be on other lines from now on. Boat didn't have enough to do to be on boat that long. Too many kids, one small pool , a joke of the adult deck. Not big emough. Not enough space. Will never do small boat again or carnival. They would never tell us where we were. Terrible trip. They need to give money bk or a very big discount for future. Maybe we would have cruised again with them. Not now. Sorry hope you have a good cruise but I doubt it

Hi all!

new to this site.

thank you all![/q

We did not enjoy our cruise at all change bk if you can. 6 hours out we had to turn bk because "someone" got sick. Because of this we lost one port to go to. Ok I understand sickness but I don't understand that we r only getting 20 percent off NEXT trip. We ARE NOT CRUISING again. 3000 people short chged and they only offer 20 percent off next cruise !!! They turned off navigation tv channel so we couldn't see where we were in water. It was horrible. 5 days cruising. Eight hrs off boat. That was our cruise. There is not enough to keep you busy for that long of cruising because you miss a port. They didn't tell anyone anything till it was too late and we were bk at sea .,,,They should have let us off ship when we were bk in port in maimi. Knowing we would have cruised that long only to go to one port, we would have gotten off and stayed in Miami. We have cruised before. Will be on other lines from now on. Boat didn't have enough to do to be on boat that long. Too many kids, one small pool , a joke of the adult deck. Not big emough. Not enough space. Will never do small boat again or carnival. They would never tell us where we were. Terrible trip. They need to give money bk or a very big discount for future. Maybe we would have cruised again with them. Not now. Sorry hope you have a good cruise but I doubt it

Sounds like you should have asked to invoke the great vacation guarantee and got off the ship. 20% seems generous especially since they are not obligated to credit anything except the missed port fees.

Sounds like you should have asked to invoke the great vacation guarantee and got off the ship. 20% seems generous especially since they are not obligated to credit anything except the missed port fees.

I agree with you. The complaints are all a matter of perspective. If you are wanting a port intensive cruise, I can see how this would be disappointing. But I personally would gladly take my 20% and book another cruise. I sail in 5 days on the sensation and am looking forward to HMC. If I miss it I would be disappointed but I understand there is no guarantee and will enjoy myself anyway. I think people need to be realistic in their expectations.

Switch back or to other cruise line if you can! Just returned from 5-day trip on Sensation. Decor is outdated (70's) and in dire need of complete renovation. Boring entertainment, no comparison to Carnival's earlier Broadway-style shows. Hotel maintenance needs major improvement. The walking trail does not wind around the entire ship. We never located the adults only serenity retreat. Few seating areas that would accommodate a group of 20 or 30 adults comfortably. I would think that satisfaction with the cruise may be largely a factor of age. If you like your cruises to be stimulating, this ship is not "it."

Food was good, sometimes very good. Wines surprisingly drinkable and affordable.

I would call the Sensation a third-rate ship in every category except food and dining-room as well as purser staff. Their best assets.

The Sensation had her maiden voyage in November 1993.

I prefer Playlist Productions over the old shows. The old shows can't keep my attention.

There are stairs going from the lido deck promenade directly to the serenity area. There are doors in the Plaza Aft Lounge leading directly to the serenity area.

I was on the Sensation in February 2016 before the 2.0 upgrades, and I found it very stimulating. I was 27.

I liked Mat Seguin(cruise director that just left the ship). I don't remember why, but I just liked him.

Hi all!

new to this site.

thank you all!

The Sensation is a smaller, older ship. There is only 1 pool on the Lido deck; however, it sounds like you are really interested in having a nice, quiet place to be. That will be the Serenity deck and my favorite place to be. It is at the aft of the ship one deck below the Lido. You can access it by going through the Comedy Club venue (sorry, I have forgotten what the room is called) and out the doors on either side of the stage, or go to the rear of the Lido deck and down the stairs on either side of the ship. This is the 21 and over location, offers fantastic views, and is normally relatively quiet.

Yes, the decor is dated, but I choose to think of it is retro and funky and (honestly) kind of enjoy it.

Don't miss the comedy shows!

The Sensation had her maiden voyage in November 1993.

I prefer Playlist Productions over the old shows. The old shows can't keep my attention.

There are stairs going from the lido deck promenade directly to the serenity area. There are doors in the Plaza Aft Lounge leading directly to the serenity area.

I was on the Sensation in February 2016 before the 2.0 upgrades, and I found it very stimulating. I was 27.

I liked Mat Seguin(cruise director that just left the ship). I don't remember why, but I just liked him.

I agree! We cruised the Sensation in Aug 2016 and had a great time. Matt Seguin was awesome! We loved the music sing alongs every night. We enjoyed the shows too. We will probably sail on her this August again

The single pool really wasn't that bad, we were on the Sensation in April 2016 so lots of families were there on spring break. Considering the timing of your cruise, there will be probably be less families. I found the layout of the Sensation to be very easy to walk outside along the perimeter and there were several places that you could go on the ship to enjoy sunrise and sunset. We loved the aft areas near the buffet, it was perfect for sitting and enjoying the view. The Serenity deck isn't very private as the Aft eating area looked down into it and sometimes kids would get lost looking for a bathroom and would walk through the area.

If we could have we would have. What good does 20% discount do when you don't have any plans to cruise in the future especially with them? 20% is helping me with nothing I promise you if I could a got off the ship we would've