Hampton vs Wyndham Bayside

dee2673

Hi all. I have a reservation at both these hotels. I wonder if there is any real difference. I know the Wyndham is right across the street from the pier and it seems like we can just walk with our bags. The Hampton is around the corner and a little further to walk..but I can still walk it without too much trouble, right? The prices are about the same . Hampton has breakfast, which isn’t a big deal to us. They both have free airport shuttle. Any reason to choose one over the other, in your experience? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hampton is a short distance further, but a pretty easy walk to all of the port/harbor areas. Trains run immediately behind the hotel until about 11pm. Stayed there in July. Train noise weren't a issue for us, in fact we took the train in and out of town, and rode the trolley a couple days.

We have Hilton pts so we'd use the Hampton Inn or the newer Homewood Suites/bayfront. IF the prices are the same and you don't have pts. then Wyndham is closer and has balconies overlooking the bay. There are different buildings and the southern most one has the best views(IMO)

Hi all. I have a reservation at both these hotels. I wonder if there is any real difference. I know the Wyndham is right across the street from the pier and it seems like we can just walk with our bags. The Hampton is around the corner and a little further to walk..but I can still walk it without too much trouble, right? The prices are about the same . Hampton has breakfast, which isn’t a big deal to us. They both have free airport shuttle. Any reason to choose one over the other, in your experience? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hampton pros - free breakfast. cons - train noises until about 11 PM in certain rooms (the hotel actually gave out ear plugs in our room!).

Wyndam pros - right across from the pier, an easy walk and they will even shuttle you if you wish (not worth the bother IMO. cons - price usually.

I think the Hampton Inn is probably a nicer hotel, but it is hard to beat the location of the Wyndham. If you have a bayfront room, it's a no brainer.

If you pick the Wyndam, get a tower room near the pier. The walk over to the ship from there is about the distance as the walk from there to the front desk!

I'm partial to the Hampton Inn since I'm a Hilton Honors member, and usually pay with points. If you're able-bodied it's an easy walk over to the terminal, maybe 2 city blocks. When I sailed out of San Diego this past February, I stayed a day afterwards and the Hampton was booked solid (I stayed there pre-cruise). Instead I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn a few blocks up Pacific Highway. It's a combo Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites. Nice hotel, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. No included breakfast and no airport shuttle. I used Uber instead.

I should add I've never been bothered by the train behind the Hampton, but a lot depends on your room location and sleeping habits.

Roz