Christmas Day Menu

Boatmans Lady

That's tiny. Can't figure out how to attach any other way. Will it let me cut and paste?

That is so pretty. I just enlarged it on the laptop. Hope it tasted as good as it looked.

Was the meal nice too. We are aboard for this Christmas. Really looking forward to it.

Thank you for replying.

That is so pretty. I just enlarged it on the laptop. Hope it tasted as good as it looked.

Was the meal nice too. We are aboard for this Christmas. Really looking forward to it.

Thank you for replying.

Can't really remember it cos it was from Ventura, 2010!! Just know that it was on the computer as I sometimes use it on my Christmas card slide :-)

Sadly we found the Christmas dinner on our 2015 Britannia cruise to be disappointing. It was cold, it was scant (one roast potato, one 1-inch cube of pumpkin, 2 rock-hard sprouts) and the dark turkey meat was wrapped up in a massive kind of flaky pastry pasty, which I think had been baked and reheated because the pastry was soggy and tough.

Generally we were underwhelmed with MDR food on Britannia considering it was the flagship in her maiden year, had a much better experience on Aurora this summer.

Sadly we found the Christmas dinner on our 2015 Britannia cruise to be disappointing. It was cold, it was scant (one roast potato, one 1-inch cube of pumpkin, 2 rock-hard sprouts) and the dark turkey meat was wrapped up in a massive kind of flaky pastry pasty, which I think had been baked and reheated because the pastry was soggy and tough.

Generally we were underwhelmed with MDR food on Britannia considering it was the flagship in her maiden year, had a much better experience on Aurora this summer.

I was concerned when I read you comment on the Christmas Dinner on Britannia until I read that you "were underwhelmed with the MDR food". We have always found the food in the MDR to be very good so thankfully we'll have no worries.

Britannia was the only time in a total of 4 P&O cruises that we've been disappointed with MDR food, or food anywhere else on board for that matter. Chatting to other passengers on that cruise, they felt the same, especially about the Christmas dinner. Now Aurora this summer was a completely different story - the overall standard was very good and some meals were outstanding. It's clear from this forum that standards do vary from ship to ship and cruise to cruise, we've been happy 3 out of 4 times and I'm just delighted I'm not shopping/cooking/washing up!

The xmas 2015 Marco Pierre White dinner on Oceana was described by me as pretentious rubbish for similar reasons to those described by groovechick. Last years was better but still well short of the offerings you can get in local country pubs.

I would have though they would spend say £10 extra on the food for that meal and the chef would sell his grandmothers soul for the extra £20,000-£30,000 to spend. It appears that the malign influence of the bean counters forbids this.

The xmas 2015 Marco Pierre White dinner on Oceana was described by me as pretentious rubbish for similar reasons to those described by groovechick. Last years was better but still well short of the offerings you can get in local country pubs.

I would have though they would spend say £10 extra on the food for that meal and the chef would sell his grandmothers soul for the extra £20,000-£30,000 to spend. It appears that the malign influence of the bean counters forbids this.

If P&O is so bad then why do you cruise with them? I certainly wouldn't waste my money on "pretentious rubbish" and food that falls short of pub grub.

If P&O is so bad then why do you cruise with them? I certainly wouldn't waste my money on "pretentious rubbish" and food that falls short of pub grub.

I did not say P&O were bad just that meal. The xmas dinner is not the only reason to go on a xmas cruise

Whatever your meal is like with each bite remember that some of us will have been standing in lengthy queues at M&S for a turkey, slaving over a hot stove to cook it then left with a mountain of dishes after it.

I would go on a cruise over Christmas and New Year in a heartbeat but can't get away at that time for various reasons. And yes I am green with envy.

Whatever your meal is like with each bite remember that some of us will have been standing in lengthy queues at M&S for a turkey, slaving over a hot stove to cook it then left with a mountain of dishes after it.

I would go on a cruise over Christmas and New Year in a heartbeat but can't get away at that time for various reasons. And yes I am green with envy.

We live in Spain so no M&S thankfully and no Christmas sales. I have saved on doing the washing up though. We've been away at Hogmanay before but not done Christmas in the Caribbean.

Well, now I don't know if I should be alarmed over the Christmas day dinner.

I suppose if it is 'that' bad, we can always see what the buffet has to offer as we have requested early sitting for dinner.

There is no chance whatsoever that the Christmas Dinner will be bad. Not a chance.

We always book select dining for Xmas day and Xmas Eve. We book freedom dining and like to eat around 7pm / 7:30 pm but on these nights there is no freedom just early sitting at around 5:30 or late at 8:30. There is still a party atmosphere in there but without the rushing around of the poor waiters to get everyone served the many extra courses.

And remember how lucky we are not to have to queue at a food bank so the kids can eat.

Amen to that. Our local food bank is busy all year round and has a constant presence at the local supermarkets for donations, it is an ill divided world.

We always book select dining for Xmas day and Xmas Eve. We book freedom dining and like to eat around 7pm / 7:30 pm but on these nights there is no freedom just early sitting at around 5:30 or late at 8:30. There is still a party atmosphere in there but without the rushing around of the poor waiters to get everyone served the many extra courses.

In an email questionnaire from P&O they asked if anyone would prefer an afternoon sitting for xmas rather than the evening. I said yes because that's what we did at home and everyone I asked ate in the afternoon as well.