On board duty free prices

greenbank1958

We are due to cruise on the Britannia in a couple of weeks.

Has anyone got a recent duty free price list ?

Manly looking at gin tobacco and cigarettes.

Many thanks phil

Sent from my SM-T715 using Forums mobile app

They show the prices in the shop but they tend not to publish a list. Others may have a better idea as when I have looked recently they never seemed that cheap. I do not smoke so have no idea at all about the prices for cigarettes

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was a few years ago but last time I went to the Caribbean, cigarettes were cheaper ashore - especially in St Maarten if you are going there. Also watch out for on-board promotions, as in 2 x litre bottles for £20 etc.

It was a few years ago but last time I went to the Caribbean, cigarettes were cheaper ashore - especially in St Maarten if you are going there. Also watch out for on-board promotions, as in 2 x litre bottles for £20 etc.

I am a non smoker but I think cigarettes onboard are much cheaper than in UK. Don’t know how they compare with prices in ports you may visit. Don’t forget that although ship will sell you as many cigarettes as you want, there is a limit to how many you can bring through customs back into UK. Same applies to alcohol but with alcohol, although you can purchase it whenever you want, you cannot have it until the final day of the cruise. Selected people do get their luggage checked by customs in Southampton. Whether that is random or targeted using info supplied by the ship, I wouldn’t know.

They can't be going to St Maarten, not this year anyway. We found Antigua quite good too.

The 2x 1 litre bottles for £20 is usually for the cheaper brands - Smirnoff, Bell's, Gordon's, etc and only available for taking home.

We are due to cruise on the Britannia in a couple of weeks.

Has anyone got a recent duty free price list ?

Manly looking at gin tobacco and cigarettes.

Many thanks phi

Sent from my SM-T715 using Forums mobile app

Hi Phil....if you wait until they do the 25% off deal to get your duty free ,you will get a brilliant deal.on board, cheaper than anywhere ashore. We only bought alcahol, but we were extremely happy with the deal.

Just back from an Oriana cruise, fellow passenger said spirits were cheaper in Gibraltar than on the ship.

49 cruises 17 ships 3 liners

It is a well known fact that spirits in Gibraltar are cheaper than onboard. Unfortunately, the new regulations mean that any alcohol you buy ashore will be taken from you and returned on the final day of the cruise.

It is a well known fact that spirits in Gibraltar are cheaper than onboard. Unfortunately, the new regulations mean that any alcohol you buy ashore will be taken from you and returned on the final day of the cruise.

But luckily for the OP, this will not affect them.