Tips for this new RCI cruiser- Symphony

DH and I have just booked Symphony for May 2019 and are so excited to try RCI and to try an Oasis class ship.

Our two prior cruises have been with NCL on the Getaway and the Escape.

What are some great first timer tips you can give me for our first Oasis class cruise?

Thanks in Advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Be sure to make reservations for the aqua show early in the cruise in case it gets cancelled due to inclement weather or operating issues.

They will then reschedule for later in the cruise.

Also make ice show reservations and any other speciality dining show excursions be they ship or private or indeed any activities that you are able to pre cruise.

Solarium Bistro much more peaceful than the Windjammer.

Enjoy your cruise.

DH and I have just booked Symphony for May 2019 and are so excited to try RCI and to try an Oasis class ship. Our two prior cruises have been with NCL on the Getaway and the Escape. What are some great first timer tips you can give me for our first Oasis class cruise?

]

So,,, the Getaway and Escape are megaships. The symphony is a megamegaship holding 50% more passengers. You know the drill. Reserve shows and paid dinners early. MyTime Dining gives you the flexibility to eat when you want (freestyle) versus fixed dining times. Show up early to shows for best seating.

Some dailies, pictures and menus from the Symphony’s sister, the Allure, can be found on my link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2613542

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will love oasis class!

If you want a quieter venue for breakfast or lunch (other than the windjammer buffet) park cafe in Central Park is great.

And echoing an above post reserve your aqua show seats early in the cruise - you do not want to miss this - nothing else like it at sea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just going to ask this question. First time on Oasis class- my 90 day countdown to my Symphony cruise coming up in a few weeks.

I looked in the planner and they have some dining choices available, but I was surprised at the cost. I don't remember it being that expensive on the Radiance (my only other cruise) in Alaska a few years ago. Rep from RCL said dining packages will come online at 90 days. Do you think it's worth waiting to see if there is any discounted dining packages? Last time on the Radiance, only went to the MDR once in 7 days...

I was just going to ask this question. First time on Oasis class- my 90 day countdown to my Symphony cruise coming up in a few weeks.

I looked in the planner and they have some dining choices available, but I was surprised at the cost. I don't remember it being that expensive on the Radiance (my only other cruise) in Alaska a few years ago. Rep from RCL said dining packages will come online at 90 days. Do you think it's worth waiting to see if there is any discounted dining packages? Last time on the Radiance, only went to the MDR once in 7 days...

Since you use specialty restaurants so much, I would wait until you see dining pckages.

Thanks Bob!

Any suggestions on what restaurants to make a priority?

When does entertainment reservations open typically?

Chuck

No set time for the different types of reservations, and you may find that the different types open at different times.

If you enjoy wine pairings, I would try Chef's Table.