Anthem: traditional dining and BOGO specialty dining

For our July Anthem sailing we opted for 8:00pm traditional seating. We also purchased the BOGO specialty dining. I have a few questions:

1) . where will our traditional dining be? Is there a certain area they always put the traditional diners in?

2) . Do we let the dining room know we will not be there on the first night?

3) . I see the first night of the cruise my calendar shows the BOGO specialty at 8pm. The calendar does not show a second night. Is this always on the second night of the cruise or is it something we can schedule once onboard.

4) . We really want wonderland and chops. Will that be likely to get with the BOGO?

5) . We really want a table with just the three of us for the traditional dining. should we stop at the diningroom once on board to make this request?

For our July Anthem sailing we opted for 8:00pm traditional seating. We also purchased the BOGO specialty dining. I have a few questions:

1) . where will our traditional dining be? Is there a certain area they always put the traditional diners in?

3) . I see the first night of the cruise my calendar shows the BOGO specialty at 8pm. The calendar does not show a second night. Is this always on the second night of the cruise or is it something we can schedule once onboard.

4) . We really want wonderland and chops. Will that be likely to get with the BOGO?

5) . We really want a table with just the three of us for the traditional dining. should we stop at the diningroom once on board to make this request?

Traditional will be in Grande or Silk.

No need to let MDR staff

Check when you get on board

You may get Jamie's as one of the SR

Send your request at rcldining@rccl.com. If not successful, go to the MDR assigned as soon as you board and speak to a Maitre D.

Edited by nelblu
clarification

We did the BOGO on our last Anthem cruise and were assigned Wonderland and Chops. We chose our time when we booked the BOGO and got that time each night. There will be a letter in your cabin telling you what you got. You can change to another restaurant if you would prefer, if there is availability.

Traditional dining is in Grande and Chic. The cruise calendar only shows the first night of the BOGO. If you do not like the restaurants they chose you can switch without a problem.

Looking forward to our 3rd Anthem cruise in May!

Marg

So even though I booked this over a year ago, i got an email today with our cruise info and next to dining it said "(waitlist): 8:15". When I booked it it did not note waitlisted.

I just got a new invoice for one of my bookings and it says Dining(waitlist): MTD( ). The way I am reading mine is that my dining type is my time dining and I am not waitlisted. If I were on a waitlist, I would expect something in the ( ). I think you have dining at 8:15 and no waitlist.

So even though I booked this over a year ago, i got an email today with our cruise info and next to dining it said "(waitlist): 8:15". When I booked it it did not note waitlisted.

I just got a new invoice for one of my bookings and it says Dining(waitlist): MTD( ). The way I am reading mine is that my dining type is my time dining and I am not waitlisted. If I were on a waitlist, I would expect something in the ( ). I think you have dining at 8:15 and no waitlist.

This is the latest "glitch" on the RC website.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my question & hope someone will have some input. I am booked on the Anthem for August. This will be my 3rd or 4th time on the Anthem & in the past, if we wanted a speciality restaurant, we would see what was avail & book on board. This time we booked the 3 night speciality package. (one night we will have dinner in in Hamilton & another night Coastal Kitchen) We are sailing with 2 other couples who are a little more picky than we are & here is my question.

If you have purchased the 3 night dining package where have they assigned you for the first night. I called RCCL dining reservations & they were no help at all. I asked what options RCCL would choose from to assign the first night & the guy I spoke to listed Johnny Rockets & Solarium Bistro as some of the options. I stated that DID NOT want to go to Johnny Rockets & Solarium Bistro was complimentary. He put me on hold to check & then I was disconnected.

As far as I can tell, the choices would be Chops, Jamie's Italian & Wonderland? (& maybe Izumi, but that is ala carte pricing) is this correct? & if you tried to change your first night & add your other 2 nights, was it difficult to get your date & time?

Thankx

Bonnie

Here is my question & hope someone will have some input. I am booked on the Anthem for August. This will be my 3rd or 4th time on the Anthem & in the past, if we wanted a speciality restaurant, we would see what was avail & book on board. This time we booked the 3 night speciality package. (one night we will have dinner in in Hamilton & another night Coastal Kitchen) We are sailing with 2 other couples who are a little more picky than we are & here is my question.

If you have purchased the 3 night dining package where have they assigned you for the first night. I called RCCL dining reservations & they were no help at all. I asked what options RCCL would choose from to assign the first night & the guy I spoke to listed Johnny Rockets & Solarium Bistro as some of the options. I stated that DID NOT want to go to Johnny Rockets & Solarium Bistro was complimentary. He put me on hold to check & then I was disconnected.

As far as I can tell, the choices would be Chops, Jamie's Italian & Wonderland? (& maybe Izumi, but that is ala carte pricing) is this correct? & if you tried to change your first night & add your other 2 nights, was it difficult to get your date & time?

Thankx

Bonnie

I think, as usual, some RCL reps. don't know what is going on. First of all the Solarium Bistro is a free venue unless they throw in a lobster or fillet mignon. I doubt JR is an option.

I think, as usual, some RCL reps. don't know what is going on. First of all the Solarium Bistro is a free venue unless they throw in a lobster or fillet mignon. I doubt JR is an option.

When I mentioned to him that Solarium Bistro was free- he challenged me & then went to check - that was when I was disconnected. guess that was better than having to tell me I was right? :D:D

When I mentioned to him that Solarium Bistro was free- he challenged me & then went to check - that was when I was disconnected. guess that was better than having to tell me I was right? :D:D

I don't know who you spoke to, but if it wasn't I would contact the "Pre-Cruise Planner Dept." at (800) 398-9819.

I don't know who you spoke to, but if it wasn't I would contact the "Pre-Cruise Planner Dept." at (800) 398-9819.

It WAS the pre cruise planning dept- scary that I could not get a correct answer there [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Forums