Excursions cheaper in advance?

Meka3256

Hi all,

My first Fred Olsen cruise in January (Madeira and Canary Islands) There are a couple of excursions I want to do, but when I tried to book online it wanted to charge me straight away. With CMV it just went on your onboard account, which I preferred as it meant it was just part of my holiday spending money.

If I book onboard, I appreciate I run the risk of the excursion having sold out. However can anyone tell me if the price does increase? Is it cheaper to book in advance, and so worth me paying the credit charge surplus?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have never used a cruise ship excursion for the Canary isles either. Have always used local buses or just walked - good option if you research each port before you go.

If you do want to book a Fred excursion though you do have to pay on booking, but it is fully refundable if you cancel by a certain date (I think a few days prior to sailing - but check that please). If you cancel on board, but before the cut off date (usually two days prior to the excursion), then you loose 10% of the cost and loose full cost if cancel after that.

Only Oceans members of gold level and above get discounts on pre booked shore tours - so will not apply unless you are gold level in the loyalty club. Oceans members do not get discount for tours booked on the ship.