Liquid policy exemption

CharismaticWoman

We've had the exception for the past couple of cruises and I wouldn't even think of checking the liquid. We've had enough issues in Miami letting us go through with the liquid and speaking with them in person. I wouldn't want to risk the liquid actually making it to the cabin if we checked it.

Other people may have had better luck.

We checked ours, and it didn't arrive with the other bags. I advised the service desk people and they told me I had to wait until after 8pm before they would check on it.

I was not happy with that after following all their rules to get permission to take a dietary supplement onboard.

Never put containers of liquid in checked bags.

X-ray will pick up the liquid and the bag will not be delivered to your cabin since they have to verify it is not alcohol. Your presence is needed for them to open your bag so you will get a note telling you which room to meet them in. Referred to on cc as 'naughty room' since alcohol smugglers are caught there.

For those that have received the liquid policy exemption were you able to leave it in your checked luggage? I'm planning to tape my exemption to it but wanted to know if anyone had actually tried this recently.

Thx!

I just got my exception figured out with the access desk. In bold red letters it says DO NOT PUT IN CHECKED BAGGAGE.

“Please do not put the items that are approved in your luggage as they will be confiscated, even with an approval. Please carry them on.”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never put containers of liquid in checked bags.

X-ray will pick up the liquid and the bag will not be delivered to your cabin since they have to verify it is not alcohol. Your presence is needed for them to open your bag so you will get a note telling you which room to meet them in. Referred to on cc as 'naughty room' since alcohol smugglers are caught there.

My bag arrived with a note inside, so they opened it without me being there.

Policies are not uniformly enforced.

I just got my exception figured out with the access desk. In bold red letters it says DO NOT PUT IN CHECKED BAGGAGE.

“Please do not put the items that are approved in your luggage as they will be confiscated, even with an approval. Please carry them on.”

Funny - mine doesn't say that. It's just a little picture on my cruise documents. Guess they had some issues and updated the form.

Thx!

Remember, the minimum-wage people screening luggage don't care about anything you tape to your bag.They have to screen thousands of bags and if they see any liquids, they will just pull the bag and send it to the naughty room. You then will spend a [long] while on your first night waiting in line with all the other people with contraband waiting to get your bag out of security.

Remember, the minimum-wage people screening luggage don't care about anything you tape to your bag.They have to screen thousands of bags and if they see any liquids, they will just pull the bag and send it to the naughty room. You then will spend a [long] while on your first night waiting in line with all the other people with contraband waiting to get your bag out of security.

That is not the way all questionable bags are handled. See my previous post.

Has anyone ever brought quart bottle of international delight coffee creamer in their carry-on luggage? We enjoy flavored coffee in the morning!

If it is liquid it is NOT allowed. You might get lucky and they don't notice it in the X-ray. But if noticed it will be confiscated.

My mom has health issues that require her to drink certain type of water and we just realized you aren’t allowed to bring any liquids on board. How do you go about getting the exception?

Haven't read about anyone getting special allowance to bring water onboard, since they not only sell water, but have free water in the buffet, etc., but you can try the special needs number and they will ask for a letter from her doctor: 866-584-9756

Has anyone ever brought quart bottle of international delight coffee creamer in their carry-on luggage? We enjoy flavored coffee in the morning!

I bring one every time I cruise because that’s all I use in my coffee. I carry it in my backpack and never had an issue with it. I then use a smaller bottle to refill to bring to restaurants. I store it in the refrigerator in the room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My mom has health issues that require her to drink certain type of water and we just realized you aren’t allowed to bring any liquids on board. How do you go about getting the exception?

You contact the Access Desk. The phone number is 1-866-584-9756 or you can email accessdesk@ncl.com. If you have a good PCC, they might also be able to take care of things for you.

The first time we did this, it took quite a while for us to have things approved (several phone calls and emails). Start this process as soon as possible so it is complete before you cruise.

As an afterthought, my bottle is sealed and since they don’t sell ID on board, why would they not allow it?