Celebrity loyalists--have you any info on Princess?

Fogfog

We are looking at trying Princess

Please tell me if you have sailed both Princess and Celebrity and what you prefer and why

We have sailed Celebrity and enjoy it...

however looking at TAs etc and there are some interesting options...

15 nights on a cruise line we don't know is a lot of nights away from X

Thoughts?

We are looking at trying Princess

Please tell me if you have sailed both Princess and Celebrity and what you prefer and why

We have sailed Celebrity and enjoy it...

however looking at TAs etc and there are some interesting options...

15 nights on a cruise line we don't know is a lot of nights away from X

Thoughts?

We sail Princess more than X. But that’s more to do with their presence down under. And that Princess charge in Aus$ Celebrity in US$.

We love them both.

I think if there was some way to do a “blind tasting” you’d struggle to pick which line you were on.

There really are alot of threads on this on board and the Princess board. I have posted on both - we are longtime X cruisers and did one Pricess when our relatives wanted to sail on that line to Alaska.

In regular cabins there is not a sofa on Princess - storage is better on P.

Food - seafood (not so much fish) is quite good on Princess, lamb and beef better on Celebrity. We really missed the escargot and French onion soup on Princess.

It is much easier to get an upgrade after final payment on X.

We don't do much entertainment so can't compare.

We currently have one more X booked and also another Princess for an itinerary we liked. We do miss our eleiter perks (elite happy hour!) on Princess.

I think they are pretty comparable - if you like the itinerary, give Prrincess a try.

I ate this question for dinner a couple nights ago.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2585619

TY for tagging this

I just subscribed

We are looking at an Aqua for a TA vs a club mini suite... itineraries differ

We change levels after our upcoming cruise with X however don't know what that "gets us" since frankly X hasn't automatically upgraded us per our "level" and we always forget to ask! And amenities due us for the cabin booked are forgotten and then asking seems like a hassal

From what I read on both this post and the link provided... and the post i the Princess Boards

It seems Princess varies widely by Ship.. and of course with any line and sailing crew differs.

Same can be said for Celebrity. We prefer the Soltice class

Was looking at Princess for a TA in a mini suite vs concierge or aqua class in X.

With a TA we feel the cabin amenities and balcony will be important, as well as quiet spaces to read, a place for a scotch/martini.

I like enrichment lectures...

I realize food preferences can be relative. On X we really enjoy Murano which is fee based. X changed their specialty restaurant packages so unlike our last sailing when we ate in Sushi on Five, The Porch or the Lawn Club Grill for lunch...and then either Murano, Qsine, or the Lawn Club Grill for dinner... we won't be doing that on the sailing next month. (AND it looks like some venues aren't open for lunch anymore :( )

Has anyone done a TA on both? TYIA

Has anyone done a TA on both? TYIA

We have done three on each and we always based the choice on itinerary. However, I have a few points of comparison. We attend a lot of the enrichment lectures and our experience has been that Celebrity's were a bit better. However, that really depends on who gets booked so it's unpredictable. We sail AQ on Celebrity but balcony cabins on Princess and find the cabins pretty comparable, except for the balconies. If you're sailing a Princess ship that has large balconies on Caribe Deck, they are great. If you're sailing Royal or Regal Princess, your balcony will be about the size of a postage stamp, even in a suite, and that's only one of the reasons I dislike that class of ship. On Celebrity, we dine in Blu and on Princess it's the MDR. I've never gone hungry in either place but Princess desserts are amazing.

We're Elite Plus on Celebrity and Platinum on Princess so have taken advantage of evening cocktails hours on both. While drinks are free in the Celebrity Elite lounge, the food tends toward platters of fried stuff. At the cocktail hour on Princess, you pay a discounted price for your drink but the food's a lot better.

TY for tagging this

I just subscribed

We are looking at an Aqua for a TA vs a club mini suite... itineraries differ

We change levels after our upcoming cruise with X however don't know what that "gets us" since frankly X hasn't automatically upgraded us per our "level" and we always forget to ask! And amenities due us for the cabin booked are forgotten and then asking seems like a hassal

We have cruised a significant amount on both cruise lines. If I understand what you are stating you are comparing an Aqua Class/Conceirge on a Celebrity TA to a Club Mini Class on a Princess TA. If the Princess cruise is roughly the same price (no BBB pricing on Celebrity TAs) and on the newer Regal or Royal, I would chose the Princess option. IMO the Club Mini Suite is a vastly superior experience than the AQ in terms of the cabin space and dining. I am surprised that the price is the same. Book the deal if you can.

Enjoy your cruise.