Summit OV cabin question

Tranquil Waters

I think 3112 is the best -- a little bit larger than the others. I always book it if it's available. I would avoid 3140 as people waiting for the elevator or entering the passageway can see right in your stateroom as you open the door to enter/leave. 3142 and 3144 have a private entrance door to get to those two staterooms making it a little more private and can be used by families as connecting cabins without the door in the bulkhead. There are two closets in that area for stateroom attendant storage, but noise was never a problem when they were in there.

Is the only difference the window size? How did you find the motion in these rooms? They seem more aft than mid-ship. Thank you!

The staterooms go from the mid-ship elevators to the aft elevators. The dining room is more aft than these cabins.

They have their own semi-private passageway, and it is quieter than most stateroom areas on the ship. I never had any problem with motion. I've stayed in the 3144, the most aft of those staterooms on a transatlantic Spring crossing, and never had any motion issues. One caveat, I have no issue looking out the window and watching the waves and swells whereas it makes my wife a little woozy.

Is the only difference the window size? How did you find the motion in these rooms? They seem more aft than mid-ship. Thank you!

Only difference is window size. Oh, and the fact that these cabins were constructed long after the original OV cabins were, so they're newer. No motion issues. And very quiet hallway area of the ship.

The rooms are still more or less mid-ship. Being on such a low floor, it really helps with the motion as well. For someone with motion sickness wanted an OV, these are a good choice - much more quiet hallway than the one forward of the lobby area. We had those a couple years ago and there was so much door slamming because of the inside cabins across the hall (coupled with the unfortunate inconsideration of people letting their doors slam - my own personal pet peeve)

The rooms are still more or less mid-ship. Being on such a low floor, it really helps with the motion as well. For someone with motion sickness wanted an OV, these are a good choice - much more quiet hallway than the one forward of the lobby area. We had those a couple years ago and there was so much door slamming because of the inside cabins across the hall (coupled with the unfortunate inconsideration of people letting their doors slam - my own personal pet peeve)

I agree about those rooms in corridors with insides across the hall. Did that once, never again. Tons of door slamming constantly. Kids booked into those rooms with parents across the hall. Back and forth constantly. Yelling in the hallways. Thankfully it was a short cruise and I moved to a much better location on the next one.