Which MiniSuite Room on Regal Princess

dreadnot

Considering a 5 day Canada New England on the Regal Princess 10/18 to check her out. Have been on the Crown Princess ,and really liked the Mini Suite. What are the recommendations re which deck ,and location for balcony size ,as well as not to be under the sky walk. Thanks:cool:

If for some reason, you get on the starboard side where the skywalk is, if you get a stateroom no higher than deck 11, than the skywalk is no problem really. We were on Deck 12 (A429) and the skywalk was no big deal. Deck 14 and 15, then I think it would be invasive. Also, look at the deck plans and pick a mini-suite with one of the angled balconies (mid ship) as they are bigger, or go all aft or forward for bigger balcony.

Pooh

We are on the Regal right now in L107, a “Club Class” mini suite. We have viewed everything up to Penthouse Suites and have seen nothing we like more. Highest deck, oversized balcony wrapping around and quiet. Best floor plan on the ship. If we come back it will be L107 or L108 depending on itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've sailed the Regal twice, both times in a forward facing balcony on an Eastern Caribbean route.

We sailed in L106 and loved it! Much more spacious than a mini-suite on the side of the ship and a HUGE balcony that was rarely windy, I think because this cabin is more in the center of the ship, so there are wind blocks on either side. Balcony is partially covered.

We sailed in L108 in 2017 and would not choose that room again. Although it was a huge balcony and basically a two room suite, the balcony was unusable 90% of the time. I think that was not only due to a difference in weather, but the 107/108 balconies only have a wind block on one side. We would not choose that room again, at least not sailing the Caribbean. We're sailing Royal Princess to Alaska next year and chose L106 because of our experience with L108.

Being on the Lido deck is wonderful! No noise at all from above (the Sanctuary is just above). Just a walk across the pool deck to the Horizon Court. On the Lido deck where those cabins are located, there are only 63 cabins, so it is extremely quiet and private.

We are on the Regal right now in L107, a “Club Class” mini suite. We have viewed everything up to Penthouse Suites and have seen nothing we like more. Highest deck, oversized balcony wrapping around and quiet. Best floor plan on the ship. If we come back it will be L107 or L108 depending on itinerary.

Can you tell me if you can still use your balcony during sea days? Princess is saying you can't and I'm pretty sure that's wrong, right?

OP - Go for L-107, L-108 or M-107 and M-108.

Wow! I can put up with wind when it's like that! Just wondering if anyone was told they couldn't use the balcony while at sea?

We had 2 connecting forward suites on NCL once in the same location and could use them anytime and got incredibly windy by the Napali Coast. Must've been about 60 mph.

Yes you can go out day or night. With M107 you had the wind gauge on the end of the balcony. When the winds from the back or opposite side of the ship it's fantastic. A head wind + forward motion + swells = a carnival ride, no pun intended. Just hold on to the railing with wind that feels like your on a motorcycle going down the freeway. You might have to crawl back to your cabin...

framer

Yes you can go out day or night. With M107 you had the wind gauge on the end of the balcony. When the winds from the back or opposite side of the ship it's fantastic. A head wind + forward motion + swells = a carnival ride, no pun intended. Just hold on to the railing with wind that feels like your on a motorcycle going down the freeway. You might have to crawl back to your cabin...

framer

lol Sounds kinda like what we experienced before - you couldn't stand upright at all. Crawling was definitely in order. Thanks for the info.

Can you tell me if you can still use your balcony during sea days? Princess is saying you can't and I'm pretty sure that's wrong, right?

We received zero instructions, warnings or restrictions regarding the use of our L107 balcony. I have gone out to enjoy the late night several times during our cruise and while it can be windy it is what I would expect standing outside on a moving vehicle!

We received zero instructions, warnings or restrictions regarding the use of our L107 balcony. I have gone out to enjoy the late night several times during our cruise and while it can be windy it is what I would expect standing outside on a moving vehicle!

That is SO good to hear, thank you! (y)

We were in M107. It was incredible. Two rooms with the balcony being the roof of the bridge.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Forums mobile app

We are booked in room M107, Regal Princess, for our upcoming cruise to New England/Canada on September 22-29th. I hear great things about the size of the suite and how big the balcony is. Looking forward to spreading out and enjoying our cruise up the east coast to Canada.

I don't know how this piece of misinformation keeps coming up regarding the balcony usage. We've been in M108 with the mega balcony and loved it. There is no lock on the door to the balcony and you can go out there any time that you like, regardless of sea day or port day. There are no instructions at all from Princess regarding the balcony usage.

On sea days when the vessel is clipping along and/or when there is a wind, it is quite uncomfortable out there and you won't stay out there long. I would only purchase this room again if it were a port intensive cruise.

I don't know how this piece of misinformation keeps coming up regarding the balcony usage. We've been in M108 with the mega balcony and loved it. There is no lock on the door to the balcony and you can go out there any time that you like, regardless of sea day or port day. There are no instructions at all from Princess regarding the balcony usage.

On sea days when the vessel is clipping along and/or when there is a wind, it is quite uncomfortable out there and you won't stay out there long. I would only purchase this room again if it were a port intensive cruise.

5ab873af409a7f22211517080af18698.jpg

Here is a picture I took, from the L107 balcony, as the Regal passed under the bridge between 10:30 and 11:00 at night.