Vancouver BC Port Authority questions

I understand when embarking on a cruise ship there is quite a backlog with many hours wait. I was wondering if anyone had boarded lately and how the experience was, i.e. come early/late...how long in line?

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

I understand when embarking on a cruise ship there is quite a backlog with many hours wait. I was wondering if anyone had boarded lately and how the experience was, i.e. come early/late...how long in line?

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

It can vary as to the number of ships. Part of the issue is the US not having enough officers to do immigration and customs.

Not positive, but think there's a different section for western Canada. If so, you might get your answer there.

You are correct about another section, but just in case the OP returns for an answer, I remember reading recently about embarking on an NCL cruise and it was a disaster. We were embarking in Vancouver a couple of years ago and it took us 3 hours standing in line before we were able to board and we were supposedly VIP having booked the Owner's Suite. The VIP line was non-existent.

Cole

Just boarded when 2 ships were in - my policy is arrive early and be at teh front of the line for US Immigration & customs... that will get you on the ship by noon for lunch ....

Have boarded here often and generally my arrive early works .... and my wait in total from car to shipboard buffet is only about an hour that includes going thru security, then US customs & immigration, then checking in with the ship & getting my room key card, then photos as we board.... and of course any wait time... I always try to arrive Canada Place about 10:30am