$599 ta

Jim Avery

Just received a brochure for $599 Transatlantics on QM2 with $399 other way air.:eek: How low can they go?:D Too bad I already have something booked as that would make for a nice few days in London and NYC not to mention the bargain basement of QM2 at that price.

For what it's worth, when I do a trial booking they throw $100 OBC into the offer as well. I see it on the $541 IA inside cabin as well as the $741 BC upper deck balcony. I'm eligible for Military OBC but Cunard hasn't usually recognized that on the next booking.

Just received a brochure for $599 Transatlantics on QM2 with $399 other way air.:eek: How low can they go?:D Too bad I already have something booked as that would make for a nice few days in London and NYC not to mention the bargain basement of QM2 at that price.

Yes, I've gotten those as well. I've seen the QE New York to San Francisco go as low as $1830/PP(for an inside) still, that's pretty damn low for a 19 day trip.

Will they actually sell you a cabin for that price? I've learned to be very suspicious of Cunard hype. And the air sounds about right- if "taxes are extra".
Taxes on a TA are only $57.35 but otherwise I can book an inside for that price ($599 as advertised, not the lower price I saw earlier in the week).

I can't see where to get the $399 air online with the TA fare.

Yes, I've gotten those as well. I've seen the QE New York to San Francisco go as low as $1830/PP(for an inside) still, that's pretty damn low for a 19 day trip.

WOW! That's what I have been trying to get for my son as a single!

Tell me more!

For what it's worth, when I do a trial booking they throw $100 OBC into the offer as well. I see it on the $541 IA inside cabin as well as the $741 BC upper deck balcony. I'm eligible for Military OBC but Cunard hasn't usually recognized that on the next booking.

I booked the January 3rd TA NYC to Soton. I talked to 2 different TAs who told me absolutely NO OBC is allowed on flash promos - not even a "future cruise credit" I was really surprised about that because the print out I have from booking an "open booking" on my last Cunard cruise doesn't say that flash promos are excluded. Has anyone had any luck getting ANY OBC for a "flash" promo?

I've never not received OBC with Cunard; veteran's OBC (and now shareholder OBC) at the minimum but usually OBC from the TA as part of the initial deal.

When I looked again today at the $599 12/15 TA the $100 was still in Cunard's offer. Maybe Cunard has figured out how to recognize me by my WC number and automatically apply military OBC (Princess does this as a matter of policy).

I booked the January 3rd TA NYC to Soton. I talked to 2 different TAs who told me absolutely NO OBC is allowed on flash promos - not even a "future cruise credit" I was really surprised about that because the print out I have from booking an "open booking" on my last Cunard cruise doesn't say that flash promos are excluded. Has anyone had any luck getting ANY OBC for a "flash" promo?

I'm looking at my letter of confirmation regarding a future cruise credit from Onboard Sales, QM2 dated July 5, 2013. I see no restrictions applying the onboard credit ($300 pp cost, OBC varies) to any voyage of 6 days or more, regardless of fare reductions.

"Flash promotions" are not the same as fare reductions. Did you book a special promotion with specified limitations through a travel agent? If so, the terms and conditions of your booking supersede the terms and conditions of your Future Cruise Credit, to the best of my understanding. -S.

P.S. I did not buy a Future Cruise Credit on my most recent QM2 voyage. My suggestion is for US passengers to review the terms and conditions prior to purchasing (not that you wouldn't, but maybe others might not give it enough study).

WOW! That's what I have been trying to get for my son as a single!

Tell me more!

Contact your T/A ASAP. It might still be available. Usually these low fares are offered to frequent Cunard travelers. We've still put it off as we're still not decided on what to do. Last Jan. we did a week in Vegas & really liked it. If we go again, it would be for 2 weeks(to get a sampling of the surroundings I/E Grand Canyon etc. I've been dissappointed that Cunard has pulled out of the Caribbean except for the holiday cruise & some parts of world cruises.

Contact your T/A ASAP. It might still be available. Usually these low fares are offered to frequent Cunard travelers. We've still put it off as we're still not decided on what to do. I've been dissappointed that Cunard has pulled out of the Caribbean except for the holiday cruise & some parts of world cruises.

Good suggestion BUT I talked with our TA on Thursday and said it looks as if all the balconies (for my daughter and me) are sold out. He was going to check with Cunard but I have not heard back from him, as yet.

May have to change plans for NYC to SFO on the QE and try for the QV on April 1, 2014: SFO to FLL.

Oh, my daughter and I are Diamond so guess you could classify us as "frequent"? LOL!

Archived