Bliss - Captains Dinner?

Merlins1959

There is a "Dining With An Officer" Dinner offered. Does NOT mean the Captain although some do agree to host a table. It is held in more of the main dining rooms. Check the Freestyle Daily when board or check at the Guest Services Desk to see if it is offered for your cruise and what the dress code for it is. Usually nice resort or something you would wear to church. It is a very nice evening.

Getting ready to pack and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a Formal night or a Captain's dinner on the cruise to Alaska? Don't want to pack unneeded clothing.

Thanks

Nothing like that on NCL. No need to bring anything dressy, unless you just want to. In AK there will be lots of jeans.

There is a "Dining With An Officer" Dinner offered. Does NOT mean the Captain although some do agree to host a table. It is held in more of the main dining rooms. Check the Freestyle Daily when board or check at the Guest Services Desk to see if it is offered for your cruise and what the dress code for it is. Usually nice resort or something you would wear to church. It is a very nice evening.

My understanding is that this is just for Platinum Plus latitudes levels these days and isn’t offered to everyone as was once the case.

I may be wrong though, as it isn’t something I generally look into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is that this is just for Platinum Plus latitudes levels these days and isn’t offered to everyone as was once the case.

I may be wrong though, as it isn’t something I generally look into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some friends of mine on The Jewel did it last week and they were 1st time cruises. Even the Platinum and Platinum Plus people have to sign up and a lot of them do not leaving room for others. I just saw a Freestyle Daily for this week's cruise on The Jewel and the dinner was listed.

Some friends of mine on The Jewel did it last week and they were 1st time cruises. Even the Platinum and Platinum Plus people have to sign up and a lot of them do not leaving room for others. I just saw a Freestyle Daily for this week's cruise on The Jewel and the dinner was listed.

First time cruisers and Owner’s Suite cruisers will likely be extended invitations to the Officer’s Dinner.

The "Dinner with Officers" is firstly offered to Platinum Plus cruisers. If there is room others may be invited.

On a long cruise with lots of sea days more than one "DwO" may be offered, on a cruises from Yokohama to Seattle there were 4 and there was an open invitation after all the PP cruisers had had a chance to choose.