airfare from New York to Seattle

lauren0309

I have 9 months to go but have been checking prices. They've been in the 600's. I just saw a price today for 407.00. The flight would arrive in Seattle at 1:30 p.m. giving us time to spend the day in seattle. Going home the flight would leave at 12:30 p.m. which also gives us time to get off the ship and not worrying about missing our flight. Just wanted to know if this was good price. Im not sure what they typically run from NY to Seattle for the month of June. Also maybe since its 9 months away is there a chance of the airline changing their schedule, (American Airlines)?

Sounds like an okay price, but I'm not seeing any 12:30 departures to NYC next June. What flight details are you seeing?

Of course schedules can change by June, especially considering AA and US are starting to integrate their timetables and equipment following the merger.

They've been in the 600's. I just saw a price today for 407.00.....Just wanted to know if this was good price..... for the month of June.

June is tourist season for Seattle and the airlines know it and I would definitely consider that a good price! If I'd seen $407 I'd have booked it without thinking twice. Hopefully that price is still there when you go back to whatever site showed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Between coasts I'm usually pretty happy with anything under $500 although we have gotten lucky flying into & out of other APs. From NY use a site like Kayak & click the "nearby AP" button. In Seattle that's not that easy to do.

I've saved more than $100 per ticket by being willing to fly out of EWR, LGA or JFK. Once we even drove to Philly but that was for R/T to LAX for $250 pp. :D