Majestic obstructed view cabins compared to Regal/Royal.

Renmar

As I am trying to put together another page to the obstructed view cabins website (this time for the "Majestic Princess") I am looking for pictures again.

It looks like that there are some significant differences in design of the cabins with an obstructed view on the Emerald deck. I hope there are fellow cruisers out there that have sailed on either the "Regal or Royal" and now are sailing, or going to sail, on the "Majestic" and are able to get me some pictures and/or info about those cabins. Are there really some differences or is it just a question of re-categorizing?

Anyway, anything available would be much appreciated.

Theo

Our family has E405 & E407 booked for a voyage in a week or so. I will attempt to capture suitable photos of each balcony and get them to you when we return home. I hope these aren't far from the obstructive views described on your site on the Regal/Royal as they don't have much obstruction at all on those two.

Our family has E405 & E407 booked for a voyage in a week or so. I will attempt to capture suitable photos of each balcony and get them to you when we return home. I hope these aren't far from the obstructive views described on your site on the Regal/Royal as they don't have much obstruction at all on those two.

Thank you, that would be awesome. You can send those pictures directly to my email.

theog99@telus.net

Theo

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

Thanks for offering to post your photos of E405. We just booked that for some family traveling with us on the May 14th voyage. It would be great to check out the cabin before we board.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you, that would be awesome. You can send those pictures directly to my email.

theog99@telus.net

Theo

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

Hi Theo,

We are home after our voyage on the Majestic and as promised I just emailed you a couple photos of both E405 and E407 balconies. I hope you find then helpful.

Both are great balcony cabins. I would not actually consider either of them to be "obstructive view" although Princess does. E405 does have a metal 3-4" square post running from the handrail to the floor. There is also glass versus open space between the handrail and the floor. Looking outward there is no other obstruction.

E405 doesn't even have the post and has no obstruction when looking outward either but there is a life boat below and forward that could be considered obstruction the view of the sea if looking downward and forward. The email should hit your email inbox at any time.

BTW, we had a great cruise and really liked the ship. Like anything that's different there were some things I found I prefer about other Princess ships but there are some things I found I liked better on the Majestic. I would definitely sail on her again but probably won't get the opportunity since she's going to Asia full time in the near future.

Oh, while I'm thinking of it I wanted to mention that all balconies on the side of the ship are covered. Not sure how well that's known.

Take care,

Chris