Cruisers who like to read...

ariesknowbest

I love to read and cruise!! I wish I could cruise more than I get the chance to though!! My favorite book series is Little House on the Prairie. Yes, I'm adult who loves this series!! I read through it about every couple of years. Right now I am reading through the Harry Potter series.

I love to read and cruise!! I wish I could cruise more than I get the chance to though!! My favorite book series is Little House on the Prairie. Yes, I'm adult who loves this series!! I read through it about every couple of years. Right now I am reading through the Harry Potter series.

Hello fellow reader......I too wish I could cruise more...I think I might be addicted to cruising AND reading... :D My favorite genre is Cozy Mysteries....however I too love the Little House on the Prairie series...and yes I am adult too. I haven't read any of the Harry Potter series....would you recommend it?

... I haven't read any of the Harry Potter series....would you recommend it?

I recommend the Harry Potter series. I’m an adult, and enjoyed them very much. Super easy reads and feel written well that you get immersed quickly. I couldn’t put a few down until I was finished! I was fortunate to read some before they hit the big screen; I also recommend that if you have not seen the movies yet wait and read the books first 😊

Yes!! I would recommend Harry Potter!! Like SunshinesJ says, they are very easy to get into and hard to put down. I also agree to read before seeing the movies if possible. The first few books they were able to fit into movies but as they got longer and longer the movies miss alot that you learn in the books. I also like James Patterson and Sue Grafton and some of Nicholas Sparks.

I am a school librarian...basically I turned my love for books into a fabulous career! I read at least 4-6 novels a month during the school year and probably 8-10 a month during the summer! I love all sorts of genres, but tend to lean towards Young Adult, Historical Fiction, Fantasy, Horror & Action. My most favorite books are: IT by Stephen King, To Kill a Mockingbird, and the Harry Potter series :)

I’m a high school librarian so your post makes me super happy!!!

My mother was a middle school librarian for 10+ years. ;-)

Can you recommend some historical fiction books for someone who enjoyed My Brother Sam is Dead and Johnny Tremaine?

Thanks!

My mother was a middle school librarian for 10+ years. ;-)

Can you recommend some historical fiction books for someone who enjoyed My Brother Sam is Dead and Johnny Tremaine?

Thanks!

Hi :) Here are a few historical fictions I recommend: Rifles for Watie (American Revolution), Night (Holocaust), One Thousand White Women (1800's), Salt to the Sea (WWII), The Underground Railroad (American Slavery), The Brothers' Story (1863/Europe)

Just back from a cruise on the Pride. I took a copy of "Dangerous Crossing" by Rachel Rhys. It was fantastic.

I read each afternoon for a break from all the activities and excitement. The warm days out on deck and the cooler ones in a comfy seat somewhere by a window.

I finished it and am now longing for more books along the same lines. Any suggestions?

I love to read. During my non cruise days (too many) I don’t have the chance to read like I would like. So I pack my kindle usually 20 books and read 5-8 while traveling. Mysteries historical settings are my favorite...especially if I’m headed there!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We love to read both at home and on a cruise. We each have a kindle. I have about 650 books on mine and that is with deleting books I have finished (Amazon still has them for me). Before each cruise, I get us each 3 kindle books from our local library and share them so we both have all 6 on our kindles.

Hello Fellow Cruisers:

I am an avid reader and cruiser. I would like to know if you are too...............:cool::cool:clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

I love to read! We take cruises with lots of sea days so besides bringing books I am at ship's library first thing to see what's available.