Herods Land & Sea Tour- St. Lucia

PROCRUISE

Would really like to take this tour when in St Lucia on 1/22/12. However, over a 2 week period, using his web-site, I've gotton no response to three inquiries and his gmail contact also fails. Any additional suggestions? :(

Would really like to take this tour when in St Lucia on 1/22/12. However, over a 2 week period, using his web-site, I've gotton no response to three inquiries and his gmail contact also fails. Any additional suggestions? :(

Hi

I organised a tour with Herod last year and it was a brilliant day.

Here is the email I used

**********@gmail.com

THis is the link to his new web site.

http://www.herodstours.com/

Sometimes the internet can be a bit slow

and he can take some time to get back to you,

you have plenty of time to book, I am sure he will contact you.

Have a great time and say Hello from Steve from the UK.

the dots are for herod and then tours but all joined up in lower

case.

• 1 month later...
Hi

I organised a tour with Herod last year and it was a brilliant day.

Here is the email I used

**********@gmail.com

THis is the link to his new web site.

http://www.herodstours.com/

Sometimes the internet can be a bit slow

and he can take some time to get back to you,

you have plenty of time to book, I am sure he will contact you.

Have a great time and say Hello from Steve from the UK.

the dots are for herod and then tours but all joined up in lower

case.

Thanks for this email address. I've written him twice since last Wednesday through his web form and have gotten no response. That is too slow in my opinion but having read his reviews, I really want to go with him. We will be there 3 weeks from today so he really needs to get on the ball with this so we can cancel the other tour we have booked.

Do you happen to have a cell phone number for him. I used the email address you supplied - thanks. But his website says to call his cell for for an immediate response. Of course, there is no number listed. :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help - I'll keep searching here in case someone else has posted it.

Gina

It's been a week today since I first tried contacting Herod through his web form. It states inquiries will be responded to within 36 hours. Two days later, I sent another message through his web form. Over the weekend, I emailed him at both of the email addresses I found for him - one through hotmail, the other through gmail. Now, on Wednesday I've heard nothing.

As nice as it sounded to tour with him, I consider him extremely unreliable at this point. Too bad since I always leave honest, detailed reviews at tripadvisor and rarely have they been bad reviews. I don't leave reviews on those who I don't tour with, otherwise he'd get a bad one from me just based on horrible communication. :(

Gina

It's been a week today since I first tried contacting Herod through his web form. It states inquiries will be responded to within 36 hours. Two days later, I sent another message through his web form. Over the weekend, I emailed him at both of the email addresses I found for him - one through hotmail, the other through gmail. Now, on Wednesday I've heard nothing.

As nice as it sounded to tour with him, I consider him extremely unreliable at this point. Too bad since I always leave honest, detailed reviews at tripadvisor and rarely have they been bad reviews. I don't leave reviews on those who I don't tour with, otherwise he'd get a bad one from me just based on horrible communication. :(

Gina

It's a shame you can't get a hold of him for whatever reason. His tour is A+++ and the one that many other of the tour operators on St. Lucia have tried to copy from -- Though as I understand it...None of the others offer a home-cooked tasty creole meal at their mom's house as part of the day.

I can understand one's frustration in not being able to reach him. I would keep trying. Good luck.

It's a shame you can't get a hold of him for whatever reason. His tour is A+++ and the one that many other of the tour operators on St. Lucia have tried to copy from -- Though as I understand it...None of the others offer a home-cooked tasty creole meal at their mom's house as part of the day.

I can understand one's frustration in not being able to reach him. I would keep trying. Good luck.

He finally responded over a week later. He said he isn't doing a tour that day because he has to have a minimum of 10 people. I'm surprised he wouldn't do it anyway. I wonder if he's aware RCI will have NO ships in the southern caribbean next year.

So, we were already booked with Serenity tours. We did the tour with them last year and they were actually fabulous. We just thought it would be nice to see the island again with another company for comparison purposes. But a repeat of last year will be great. Last years tour was so good we booked the exact same one. It is worth repeating. Although I know it will be slightly different since the waterfall is out of service, most likely permanently. The hurricane destroyed it last fall and there are no plans for restoration. :(

I can only hope for Dave to be our guide again with Serenity. I know he still works there. The company is top notch so I'm sure anyone who guides us will be great.

Gina

• 3 weeks later...

I found a phone number (3 actually - 2 cell & 1 landline) on his web site under about us. I had a horrible time getting in touch with him also and am still waiting to see if he has enough people (10) for our tour. He only has (6) as of now. Keeping fingers crossed for 4 more people as I have heard Wonderful praises for his tour even though he is VERY slow to respond. Hope you have fun while your in St. Lucia!

• 2 weeks later...
He finally responded over a week later. He said he isn't doing a tour that day because he has to have a minimum of 10 people. I'm surprised he wouldn't do it anyway. I wonder if he's aware RCI will have NO ships in the southern caribbean next year.

So, we were already booked with Serenity tours. We did the tour with them last year and they were actually fabulous. We just thought it would be nice to see the island again with another company for comparison purposes. But a repeat of last year will be great. Last years tour was so good we booked the exact same one. It is worth repeating. Although I know it will be slightly different since the waterfall is out of service, most likely permanently. The hurricane destroyed it last fall and there are no plans for restoration. :(

I can only hope for Dave to be our guide again with Serenity. I know he still works there. The company is top notch so I'm sure anyone who guides us will be great.

Gina

Any idea why RCI will not have ANY ships in southern caribbean next year?

My guess is that they are trying to direct the Caribbean cruiser's to the Oasis and Allure. It takes a lot of bookings to fill those ships. That is the number one reason we are booked on Princess for the Southern Caribbean in 2013.

One of the reasons - at least as told to us here on the island - is that there were a few crime incidents against passengers in the past and they are pulling the island from their itineraries.

I would also second the guess that they are trying to drive people to Oasis and Allure. Along with the fact that cruising that far south is expensive both in fuel and port charges.

who knows though - could be anything! All I know is it is a blow to the tourism industry here on island. Hope some of the other lines pick up the slack.

either way, enjoy your visits to St. Lucia!

One of the reasons - at least as told to us here on the island - is that there were a few crime incidents against passengers in the past and they are pulling the island from their itineraries.

I would also second the guess that they are trying to drive people to Oasis and Allure. Along with the fact that cruising that far south is expensive both in fuel and port charges.

who knows though - could be anything! All I know is it is a blow to the tourism industry here on island. Hope some of the other lines pick up the slack.

either way, enjoy your visits to St. Lucia!

reedprincess - I see from your signature that you live on St.Lucia.

We will be on the Emerald Princess and they still DO go to St. Lucia.

I have been trying to get hold of Herod (Herodstours.com) and can't seem to get through. Do you have any idea of an email for him?

Thanks!

RCI will still have ships in the S Caribbean during the winter/spring season. Half their fleet is now spending the summer in Europe. They follow the money and that's where it is right now. They are also expanding more into Australia. It has nothing to do with crime or Adventure of the Seas wouldn't continue in the S Caribbean beginning in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been trying to get hold of Herod (Herodstours.com) and can't seem to get through. Do you have any idea of an email for him?

Thanks!

Herod will not do tours without a minimum of 10 people. It took him so long to respond to me, I was glad I booked with serenity tours again. Not only did we end up with the super fun and knowledgeable Dave as our guide, we got a private tour for the cost of the regular tour. Serenity doesn't require a minimum number of people to conduct their tours. You can book with them and be confident your tour will happen. They also respond quickly to all emails and phone calls.

Thanks!

i just emailed herod on monday and he responded that evening. i will pm the email address. what you may want to do is go on the roll call form for your cruise and ask if anyone wants to join you on the excursion( that is how i found out about the excursion for my cruise)

Thanks!

i just emailed herod on monday and he responded that evening. i will pm the email address to you. what you may want to do is go on the roll call form for your cruise and ask if anyone wants to join you on the excursion( that is how i found out about the excursion for my cruise)

i just emailed herod on monday and he responded that evening. i will pm the email address to you. what you may want to do is go on the roll call form for your cruise and ask if anyone wants to join you on the excursion( that is how i found out about the excursion for my cruise)

herod(one word) tours at gmail dot com

RCI will still have ships in the S Caribbean during the winter/spring season. Half their fleet is now spending the summer in Europe. They follow the money and that's where it is right now. They are also expanding more into Australia. It has nothing to do with crime or Adventure of the Seas wouldn't continue in the S Caribbean beginning in November.

I was only speaking as to why St. Lucia was possibly off the itineraries - not the whole southern Caribbean.

As for Herod's tours and getting in touch with him - I don't have any special email for him - if you can't get him off the info from his website or the info off the roll Call here on CC, i would consider other companies - there are several who do very similar tours for about the same price and get very high ratings here on CC also. You may want to check on them instead.

Enjoy your cruises!

I was only speaking as to why St. Lucia was possibly off the itineraries - not the whole southern Caribbean.

As for Herod's tours and getting in touch with him - I don't have any special email for him - if you can't get him off the info from his website or the info off the roll Call here on CC, i would consider other companies - there are several who do very similar tours for about the same price and get very high ratings here on CC also. You may want to check on them instead.

Enjoy your cruises!

Thanks! We (and that has now become a group of 14 from our Roll Call ) have booked with Cosol. Herod's tour seemed to have more time in the water (2 snorkeling stops instead of one) which I like better but Cosol responded immediately so we're committed.

I emailed Herod about 4 or 5 times over a period of 2 weeks (from his website and also the email address above) and finally gave up.

I got a reply in two days from Harod in regards to the Land and Sea Tour on Feb 10, 2012.

We are a group of four and Herod replied he needs at least ten people with no other inquiries thus far. Anyone visiting St. Lucia on this date and interested in this tour?

We have booked an excursion with Herod, and no problems experienced. I believe Herod does spend some of his off time, sailing and may not be in front of a computer 24/7, like most of us are. He does return all our inquiries within a few days and has a very good reputation. I think there is such a thing as island time and folks should be aware of that. Since our cruise is not until March we have not been in panic mode while waiting for a reply, he will get back with you!

Ken

I still havent heard back- emailed on Saturday via the website and sent an email on Monday via gmail. I will let everyone know if I hear anything. I do think being prompt is important when returning emails- most everyone has a computer now so there is no excuse to not write a quick message back- island time or no island time.

Archived