Harmony Questions

I am Platinum with Royal. I sailed on the Allure 4 years ago. I will sail the Harmony (7 day)with my DH and 8 year old twins in about 5 months.

I was wondering if someone who has sailed the Harmony could answer a few questions please.

1- I bought the 2 device internet package during a 'sale'. It came to $199 I think I remember the price actually being cheaper BEFORE the sale-- but I am not sure. I read a few blogs that stated the onboard prices are Cheaper than online. But none of those blogs were for a Oasis class ship. Does anyone know what the current prices are on the Harmony of the Seas for Internet , Drink packages (refresh) , and dining package (3 day)? Has anyone else experience a time where you paid online , but found out later the onboard prices were better? I sailed the Explorer last year and paid $150 (2 devices) for the internet package. It was a 7 day as well!

2- What is the best time to board the Harmony. I know they have a very unique checkin process. Do they marry you to the time you are given when you check in online? Or can you arrive at 10am and get on the ship in a reasonable time. I was thinking about maybe a 11 or 12pm arrival. Is that right when the madness starts?

3- Is there a steam room and sauna on board? Is there a cost? I truly enjoyed the Thermal spa on NCL last year. I wonder if the Harmony has a thermal pass and how much it would be per person.

4- How easy was it to make your reservations for your specialty restaurants when you arrived on board. We were thinking about purchasing the dinner package, but am worried that the times will be limited when we get on board. We are trying to work around the dinner break for the kids club (5-7) We generally find that it is better to dine in specialty restaurants without my active 8 year old twins. How do we add the kids to a reservation should we decide to bring them? Do I need to purchase a dinning package for them as well.

Thank you!!!

Also off Harmony last week. Prices are never cheaper on board. On board Surf and Stream is 19.99 a day and Surf alone is available for 15.99 - the same price as the highest for Surf AND Stream onboard.

Same as above - arrived at terminal at 10:50 - onboard by 11:15.

I only did one specialty dining - we made reservations on the app but it was dead when we went. I wouldn't worry too much about the lines - they were manageable from what I saw. Only the Windjammer is nuts on the very first day.

Has anyone else experience a time where you paid online , but found out later the onboard prices were better?

For anything you buy in the planner pre-cruise for which you get a better price on board, you can cancel and re-buy but you will only get OBC, not a refund. The chance of getting a better price on board for VOOM is almost zero.

The O class ships do have a Thermal spa (co-ed). It includes a steam room, a dry sauna, heated ceramic beds and some changing rooms and showers. Unfortunately, the Thermal spa is not complimentary on O class ships. I have never purchased the package but I believe it's in the $100 pp range. I could be completely wrong about the price. The only time I was there was when it was included as part of the Star Class amenities.

The O class ships do have a Thermal spa (co-ed). It includes a steam room, a dry sauna, heated ceramic beds and some changing rooms and showers. Unfortunately, the Thermal spa is not complimentary on O class ships. I have never purchased the package but I believe it's in the $100 pp range. I could be completely wrong about the price. The only time I was there was when it was included as part of the Star Class amenities.

We did Allure's Thermal Spa in Feb. as another cabin in our party was doing it as well. As stated it was Steam with Eucalyptus, Steam only, Dry Sauna with Two showers off to sides and the ceramic beds. Just the Thermal was coming in at $100 per person for the week. They had you could add a mineral soak couples experience and mud sauna thing with fancy name with the Thermal Spa on embarkation day for $199 per person.

We did Allure's Thermal Spa in Feb. as another cabin in our party was doing it as well. As stated it was Steam with Eucalyptus, Steam only, Dry Sauna with Two showers off to sides and the ceramic beds. Just the Thermal was coming in at $100 per person for the week. They had you could add a mineral soak couples experience and mud sauna thing with fancy name with the Thermal Spa on embarkation day for $199 per person.

Thank you! Was that in limited mineral soaks or one time only. Did you think it was worth it? Was it always crowded?:)

Do you need the 2 device package? The 2 device package allows 2 devices to be connected at the same time. The one device package will allow any number of different devices to be connected but only one at a time.

I have a few introverts in my family who need re-charging time in the room. They would be using the internet at the same time. Me, I recharge by 'people watching '. Therefore I would let another family member use my login while a explore the ship.

As a point of clarification, the 2 device package will also allow any number of different devices connected at the same time but only 2 at a time.

My wife and myself bring long 5 devices. For me, smart phone, laptop, e-reader. For my wife smart phone and e-reader.

I buy a two device package.

I will flip between my3 devices with only one logged it an any one time. While my wife will flip between her 2 devices with only one logged at anyone time.

Do you need the 2 device package? The 2 device package allows 2 devices to be connected at the same time. The one device package will allow any number of different devices to be connected but only one at a time.

Thank you! Was that in limited mineral soaks or one time only. Did you think it was worth it? Was it always crowded?:)

It was just one time set time for one hour each. The thermal spa always had room when we went-the last swa day being crowded and having to wait for a ceramic bed. The thing that we found odd was due to the location and the weather during our cruise there was a lot of Hull noise from waves which took us out of the relaxation at times