New to Celebrity-

Soxfan04

Morning everyone! My wife and I are going on the Equinox in June. It’s our first cruise on Celebrity and had a few questions. We have sailed on Carnival and Celebrities parent company Royal before. What should we know about this line? Any tips? Do you make reservations for the shows? Dress code for dinner? Any and all information would be helpful. Thanks!

Morning everyone! My wife and I are going on the Equinox in June. It’s our first cruise on Celebrity and had a few questions. We have sailed on Carnival and Celebrities parent company Royal before. What should we know about this line? Any tips? Do you make reservations for the shows? Dress code for dinner? Any and all information would be helpful. Thanks!

No reservations needed for shows. The dress code is wide ranging on evening chic nights which replaced formal nights. You will see people on the ship with tuxes and some in jeans and a polo shirt. The only thing not permitted in the restaurants is shorts for the dinner meal. Other nights are smart casual and again no shorts allowed.

I was just on Equinox in Sept., great ship.

Better food, beautiful ships, great ambiance, better entertainment. Think 4 Seasons over Hilton. Resort casual for attire. Cocktail attire for Chic night. You won't get crew and staff all in your face. Limited announcements through the day. More resort, sophisticated style. Our line of choice in States.

Better food, beautiful ships, great ambiance, better entertainment. Think 4 Seasons over Hilton. Resort casual for attire. Cocktail attire for Chic night. You won't get crew and staff all in your face. Limited announcements through the day. More resort, sophisticated style. Our line of choice in States.

Our line of choice as well (41 Celebrity cruises) but I think equating to Four Seasons is setting some unrealistic expectations. I would say Four Seasons is more like one of the premium lines. Using one of your comparisons, I would equate it to a nice Hilton versus a Homewood Suites (RCI) or a Hampton Inn or Motel 6 (Carnival). I definitely agree with the rest of what you said. My opinion.

Cocktail attire is not required on Chic night. As another poster said, you will see anything from tuxes and gowns to jeans and button down shirts.

Since formal night has been changed, I usually will wear a nice dress or slacks with a dressy top, my husband and son wear Dockers or dress slacks with a long sleeve button down shirt. No jackets or ties. Perfectly acceptable!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks everyone for your responses. Thought we would give a different line (still royal though). We can’t wait to be on a ship I have heard at least was a little more older of a crowd

Another thing that we like is lack of announcements on the PA. Usually one per day by the Captain.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Thought we would give a different line (still royal though). We can’t wait to be on a ship I have heard at least was a little more older of a crowd

You'll also be welcomed aboard and handed a flute of sparkling wine or OJ.

I agree with that except, Better Entertainment?? Celebrities entertainment is quite possibly the worst of all the major cruise lines. Which is probably why the theater is usually half empty. It certainly depends on what you like, but the word entertainment implies I will be entertained not lulled to sleep. The main Theater shows are better on RCCl and Carinval (and NCL and most other lines). I prefer the bands and DJs on the other lines too. It does depend on the ship, the itinerary, the particular bands/DJs on board. But overall, if you like lively entertainment, good bands playing more modern (60s to today) then Celebrity often falls short. If you like soft jazz and chamber music you're gonna love the Ensemble lounge.