Free platinum meals question

GrandmaHofmann

You get one starter, one entree (up to $20) and a dessert.

It isn't clear what happens if you order an entree over $20, but I think it's a reasonable assumption that they will charge the difference.

Sides are much less clear. The website says they are chargeable. An onboard report said that they were given one side each, whilst someone else was told over the phone (usually the least reliable source) that it is two sides each.

Platinum free dinner does not include Cagney's. I believe it can only be used inBistro or Cucina. That is what was on the certificate we had in our stateroom this past January cruise.

They just changed the latitude plans and changed the platinum dinners to include Cagney's one night.

Safe sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Platinum free dinner does not include Cagney's. I believe it can only be used inBistro or Cucina. That is what was on the certificate we had in our stateroom this past January cruise.

this is the new lattitudes programme where you get a Le Bistro or La Cucina voucher and another for Cagneys or Moderno

This benefit offers two dinners for two at a specialty restaurant for Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador guests. Each stateroom will receive a voucher in their Welcome Back card on embarkation day for:

• - One dinner for two at Cagney’s or Le Bistro with a bottle of wine
  • - One dinner for two at Moderno or La Cucina

This benefit is no longer delivered per guest but now delivered per stateroom. Service charges are included in this benefit.

You get one starter, one entree (up to $20) and a dessert.

It isn't clear what happens if you order an entree over $20, but I think it's a reasonable assumption that they will charge the difference.

Sides are much less clear. The website says they are chargeable. An onboard report said that they were given one side each, whilst someone else was told over the phone (usually the least reliable source) that it is two sides each.

from NCL website

Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice. Entrée items up to $20 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. Entrée item Côte De Boeuf Pour Deux in Le Bistro, is a shared dish and will be treated as two entrées.

from NCL website

Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice. Entrée items up to $20 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. Entrée item Côte De Boeuf Pour Deux in Le Bistro, is a shared dish and will be treated as two entrées.

That's interesting. They seem to have removed the bit about the sides, which was added a few days ago.

It was clearly rather badly thought out. I assume they are considering what it should say.

from NCL website

What about a cup of regular coffee with dessert? Is coffee an extra charge?

MARAPRINCE

MARAPRINCE

I believe a regular coffee is free.

I usually have an espresso after my meal and, whilst this should be chargeable, they usually don't bother.

If you just want a regular coffee then I understand that it is free, but I've never ordered one.

MARAPRINCE

I believe there is no charge for regular coffee but there is a charge for speciality coffee

What does my cruise fare include?

Iced Tea, some juices in the buffet (for breakfast), regular coffee, tea and ice water

Coffee Bar (regular coffee and pastries included, specialty coffees at nominal extra charge)

I believe there is no charge for regular coffee but there is a charge for speciality coffee

What does my cruise fare include?

Iced Tea, some juices in the buffet (for breakfast), regular coffee, tea and ice water

Coffee Bar (regular coffee and pastries included, specialty coffees at nominal extra charge)

It depends on your definition of nominal!!