Question about Eurodam April 2018 Drydock

dmg1956

Does anyone have information about changes to Eurodam when she is in dry dock this April? I know what happens to the outside (hull) of the ship in dry dock. My inquire pertains to changes within the ship.

Thanks to all who contribute.

There may not be any changes...just hard and soft replacement...carpets, furniture, beds, galley equipment, stuff like that.

there has been discussion about aligning some of the entertainment venues a little more with Koningsdam, such as can be done.

Does anyone have information about changes to Eurodam when she is in dry dock this April? I know what happens to the outside (hull) of the ship in dry dock. My inquire pertains to changes within the ship.

Thanks to all who contribute.

Hi dmg - This question has been asked previously, and CC member "Copper 10-8" who works on the HAL ships, posted this reply and I quote:

Eurodam is scheduled for her next dry-dock period between 08-17 April 2018 at the Grand Bahama (Carnival-owned) shipyard in Freeport, the Bahamas. During that dry-dock, besides standard maintenance, Shorex will be changed to ‘Journey’s Ashore’ and moved up to the Crow's Nest (as will her Future Cruise Consultant desk); her Front Office will be changed to ‘Guest Services’; her Showroom at Sea”changed to “The Mainstage”; “Explorations Central” with ‘the Hub’,‘Destinations Display’, ‘Virtual Bridge’, ‘Theater EXC’ ‘Journeys Ashore’and ‘the Library’, in addition to the ‘Explorations Café' (already there), moved into the Crow’s Nest; the "Rijksmuseum at Sea" moved into the Deck 1 Atrium floor incl. the removal ofher Atrium Bar and the removal of her atrium stairs between Deck 1 and Deck 2, plus her Greenhouse Spa will receive an upgrade(carpet and furnishings)

Have never cruised on a Hal ship but upcoming Eurodam 4day October 17th. Are these upgrades all good? Is there a current deck plan that we should review to get idea of whats coming?

We are booked in cabin 8082 near center elevators. No Roll Call for this sailing guess its too early

Thanks

Sandra

Hi dmg - This question has been asked previously, and CC member "Copper 10-8" who works on the HAL ships, posted this reply and I quote:

Eurodam is scheduled for her next dry-dock period between 08-17 April 2018 at the Grand Bahama (Carnival-owned) shipyard in Freeport, the Bahamas. During that dry-dock, besides standard maintenance, Shorex will be changed to ‘Journey’s Ashore’ and moved up to the Crow's Nest (as will her Future Cruise Consultant desk); her Front Office will be changed to ‘Guest Services’; her Showroom at Sea”changed to “The Mainstage”; “Explorations Central” with ‘the Hub’,‘Destinations Display’, ‘Virtual Bridge’, ‘Theater EXC’ ‘Journeys Ashore’and ‘the Library’, in addition to the ‘Explorations Café' (already there), moved into the Crow’s Nest; the "Rijksmuseum at Sea" moved into the Deck 1 Atrium floor incl. the removal ofher Atrium Bar and the removal of her atrium stairs between Deck 1 and Deck 2, plus her Greenhouse Spa will receive an upgrade(carpet and furnishings)

Thanks so much Old As Dirt Mom. Appreciate your passing on Copper 10-8's info. I'm concerned about the removal of the bar and staircase in the Atrium. What's the point in changing all that. Perhaps it will be better. Who knows!

dmg1956

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks so much Old As Dirt Mom. Appreciate your passing on Copper 10-8's info. I'm concerned about the removal of the bar and staircase in the Atrium. What's the point in changing all that. Perhaps it will be better. Who knows!

dmg1956

Just got off the Eurodam and they have already stopped using the Atrium bar. I asked one of the bar tenders and he said it has been almost six months since it was used last.

dmg1956

They are removing the stairs (from Deck 2 to Deck 1) as well as the Atrium Bar to convert the Atrium into the "Rijksmuseum at Sea" - See pics from Westerdam