Are white jeans considered “blue jeans”?

forgap

fizzy,

I agree with you that the rules need to be obeyed by guests. I don't know why crew doesn't enforce all the rules about dress and other things, but I suspect that the general crew just doesn't know all the rules. So if a guy goes into the dining room and does not look like a bum, they sometimes just let him pass. Shouldn't be that way.

As to the rule allowing jeans on the last night (and sometimes the first, depending on how luggage distribution is going), many people fly to and from a cruise wearing jeans or other 100% cotton trousers, and for good reason. I've been advised by several creditable sources not to fly with any clothing (especially trousers) containing polyester, even if it is a blend with natural fabric. The reason is should there be a cabin fire on the aircraft the polyester melts, sticks to the skin, and makes any burns more serious. From what I understand, it is a safety matter, not a fashion statement.

Lol. Thanks for the laugh. Sounds like my house before a trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My DH doesn't even get to see his packed clothing until he gets on the ship. I tend to purchase some "new" clothes for him that he would likely complain about and say that he doesn't need. However, once onboard, either he goes naked or wears the clothes that I've packed. He doesn't mind because he doesn't have to think about packing or unpacking -- it is all taken care of for him!

Note: I have never packed jeans in our luggage. There are plenty of cotton slacks without having to pack heavy jeans.

My DH doesn't even get to see his packed clothing until he gets on the ship. I tend to purchase some "new" clothes for him that he would likely complain about and say that he doesn't need. However, once onboard, either he goes naked or wears the clothes that I've packed. He doesn't mind because he doesn't have to think about packing or unpacking -- it is all taken care of for him!

Note: I have never packed jeans in our luggage. There are plenty of cotton slacks without having to pack heavy jeans.

Geez, i thought my DH was bad! He packs the night before. I then do my work on what he packs. I start packing weeks before. However clothes go in, get removed several times. Lol.

I suspect that crew don't enforce ( or even politely request) compliance with dress code and other "rules" because in many cases it would provoke an unpleasant confrontation.

And lose all the extra tips people say they give out.

Geez, i thought my DH was bad! He packs the night before. I then do my work on what he packs. I start packing weeks before. However clothes go in, get removed several times. Lol.

The night before? Why so soon? ;p

Our last two cruises last year, my wife and I both packed about an hour before we needed to leave for the airport. I think I started about 40 minutes beforehand on our second cruise (which was only a few months after the previous one so I felt confident I knew what I needed) but even I thought that was getting a bit too close to the wire. Turns out I didn't really need anything I didn't pack, and wore everything I brought - although one of my bags got lost and didn't arrive until day five...I did get a refresher course in 'improved clothing distribution' between suitcases!

My wife bought some of those zipper bags you can pack your clothing in - they're a great idea, and even better if you break out different outfits in each bag. I'd mostly put shirts in one, underwear in another, slacks in another, etc...and found out the hard way that's not the most practical way to do it. :confused: Next time it'll be a few complete outfits in one, a few complete outfits in another - and we'll probably go back to co-mingling stuff between our suitcases just in case another bag goes AWOL.

On the flip side, my mom started packing about five weeks before the cruise. It was her first one so I didn't tease her. Too much. :evilsmile: