Upgrade to "Balcony Guarantee" on Nieuw Amsterdam

halifaxcruising

We had booked on HAL Nieuw Amsterdam an Inside Cabin and have just found out that if we wish, we can be upgraded to a "Balcony Guarantee". Our current Inside Cabin is located on Deck 6 chosen as we like it quiet. We understand that a Balcony Guarantee could be located anywhere on the ship. Is it worth the risk of taking the upgrade and perhaps being located in an area that may be noisier (close to Dining Room or other entertainment venues)? We have never cruised on a ship that only has "Guarantee Room". Can anyone advise us?

Thank you.:)

You definitely could be placed in a balcony cabin in a less than desirable location. With a guarantee you get what you get and not always what you want. If location is very important to you, you could turn down the upgrade and stay where you are or you could book a balcony where you'd like and pay the going rate.

Most people would prefer a balcony cabin anywhere on the ship rather than an inside, but that's your decision. I would be thrilled to take the balcony upgrade, but I'm sure you'll hear from folks who say otherwise.

Have a wonderful cruise, wherever you end up!

We had booked on HAL Nieuw Amsterdam an Inside Cabin and have just found out that if we wish, we can be upgraded to a "Balcony Guarantee". Our current Inside Cabin is located on Deck 6 chosen as we like it quiet. We understand that a Balcony Guarantee could be located anywhere on the ship. Is it worth the risk of taking the upgrade and perhaps being located in an area that may be noisier (close to Dining Room or other entertainment venues)? We have never cruised on a ship that only has "Guarantee Room". Can anyone advise us?

Thank you.:)

If you are happy with your existing cabin, I would not risk it for a balcony guarantee, as you might not like the location of it. As already mentioned, I would ask to be able to pick my new cabin (they often do this on upsells). If they say no, then pass on it. Why pay more for something worth less to you?

Thank you for your wonderful advice. Well said.

If you are happy with your existing cabin, I would not risk it for a balcony guarantee, as you might not like the location of it. As already mentioned, I would ask to be able to pick my new cabin (they often do this on upsells). If they say no, then pass on it. Why pay more for something worth less to you?