Final Payment

pls5286

My husband and I took advantage of the 5 free and booked a cruise for Dec 15 on the Breakaway. Our final payment date is set as Sept 16. The reservation person gave us this date and it is on our docs.

I thought final payment was now 4 months ahead or did we slip in just under the time when they changed it?

The short answer

Starting December 18, 2018 cruisers looking to book a Norwegian Cruise Line voyage will have less time to pay the full fare for their cruise. The line is extending the final payment date on most cruises to 120 days prior to sail date.

Short answer, but not the complete information on the change as provided in the link in post #2.

Thank you! I knew I had read briefly about it, but I could not remember where I saw it. It looks like we slid in under the deadline by booking Wednesday.

Not really... well you did....

The date is tied to when you actually book it,not when you sail.. And it is not Dec yet AND - the date they gave was Dec 2018

Doesn't apply to the OP here !

*BUT* for future bookings after 12/18/2017 this is going to increase the penalty cancellation period 30 more days !

90 days goes to 120 days - haven't seen the schedule of how much that penalty will be.

It will also be taking interest bearing money from your account and put it into NCL accounts receivable 30 days earlier.

No changes to Suites or Havens they are still 120 days.

Doesn't apply to the OP here !

*BUT* for future bookings after 12/18/2017 this is going to increase the penalty cancellation period 30 more days !

90 days goes to 120 days - haven't seen the schedule of how much that penalty will be.

It will also be taking interest bearing money from your account and put it into NCL accounts receivable 30 days earlier.

No changes to Suites or Havens they are still 120 days.

Such is life, ever changing. :)