Nachi Cocom

thegima

Hello,

Going to be stopping at Cozumel on our Freedom Of The Seas trip next month and were looking for a relaxing day at the beach. Doing some research and looking around I've narrowed it down to Nachi Cocom or Mr Sanchos - both have good reviews and a lot of positive things said about them however it looks as if Mr Sanchos is geared more towards people with children as they have the water toys.

It looks like with Nachi Cocom you are (required?) to book a reservation online in advance. Is this actually the case? I know I've read they limit the number of people they allow in (which is good) but if they aren't booked up for the day they should allow us to walk up and pay for everything right there.. no?

The only reason I'm opposed to prepaying for the reservation is were going with other people and this is our last stop so things might change and we may end up wanting to do something totally different when we get there (IE Tulum). I'd hate to be out the deposit if I didn't have to be.

Has anyone just taken a taxi there with no reservation and been alright?

Thanks in advance! :D

We have always had a reservation when using Nachi.

When you make your Nachi reservation you put down a small deposit (less than $10 per person if my memory is correct - all the margaritas and dirty monkeys are clouding my brain :o) and pay the rest in cash when you arrive. You are better off making the deposit and then losing it if you decide to do somehting else than wasting the money on a taxi to get there only to find out you can't get in. :(

Or skip Nachi and go to Mr. Sanchos where no reservation or deposit is required - but as you described, it is bigger, attacts more familes wiht kids, more lively, and not as relaxing. Your call. ;)

Good luck! :)

You are probably right, it's only $22 to reserve it for both of us. I'd rather be safe than sorry considering it's our last port and we'll probably just want to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Thanks again for the information :cool:

When we were there we had reservations , but I asked if you can just show up , and they said yes. They are supposed to limit it to so many people, but I bet if you showed up with money in hand, they would not turn you down..The day we were there, there were 12 people on the whole place. That was in September.

Yeah, it was like a private club just for us . There were thunder showers around, but never rained on us , and it was really beautiful.Have a great time..We will be going in October..:)

I only hope there is 12 people when we go (we'll be there 3 weeks from today) - that would be so peaceful and quiet.

The other people in our group decided they did in fact want to do this so I just went ahead and reserved it online. Two weeks can't go by fast enough, much needed vacation! Crossing my fingers there won't be too many people there that day. I'll post back when we return with any info that may be relevant :cool:

Book it ahead of time! We were turned away on our first cruise to Cozumel! It was during Spring Break, and Nachi was booked solid. Our taxi driver didn't even want to take us there...but we persisted...and then we were turned away at the gate.

Since then...we have always booked ahead of time either with Island Marketing or Nachi's website. Both are fine to use...

To OP...glad that you all booked it...ENJOY! It's our favorite port stop!

Crystal

During offseason, there's usually not many people there so you probably won't get turned away. We've gone four times in August and September and never saw more than 30 people there any time (going back in two weeks). However, they do book private outings like wedding receptions and if you show up on a day when that's scheduled, you'll be out of luck.

Will def have cash for the remaining balance, tips, and the taxi back to the ship :)

I'm not sure exactly what a dirty monkey is but it sounds good and I've seen it mentioned a bunch of times on here so I'll be sure to down one :D

thanks again for all the tips and advice!

I'm not sure exactly what a dirty monkey is but it sounds good and I've seen it mentioned a bunch of times on here so I'll be sure to down one :D

!

Think of it as an adult breakfast smoothee! :D

rum, creme de bananes, creme de cacao, Kahlua, & milk

Think of it as an adult breakfast smoothee! :D

rum, creme de bananes, creme de cacao, Kahlua, & milk

surely will devour that :D

also if you decide to book and want to cancel, make sure to cancel and notjust not show up... they will charge you for no shows....

I read that on their website.. Shouldn't be a problem, the only reason we would need to cancel is weather in which case they probably won't be open anyway. However I don't see a phone number listed on their website, only fax and email..

Yeah, it was like a private club just for us . There were thunder showers around, but never rained on us , and it was really beautiful.Have a great time..We will be going in October..:)

We will be on the Triumph in October as well. I really would like to go to Nachi Cocom but am worried about not getting back to the ship in time. Should I be concerned? Also, my husband and I are not big alcohol drinkers, will there be other things to drink? It looks lovely, I think it would be a perfect excursion for us. Any info would be welcomed.

We will be on the Triumph in October as well. I really would like to go to Nachi Cocom but am worried about not getting back to the ship in time. Should I be concerned? Also, my husband and I are not big alcohol drinkers, will there be other things to drink? It looks lovely, I think it would be a perfect excursion for us. Any info would be welcomed.

From what I've read it's only about a 10-15 minute taxi ride to/from and they are available all day. Obviously you'd want to leave plenty of time to get back to the ship though for whatever reason.. I can post more info in a few weeks when I get back with pictures etc.

Getting back is not an issue -- they will call for a taxi when you are ready to leave. Cab will be there in under 5 minutes and it is about a 15 minute drive back to the pier -- just keep your watch set on ship's time and look out for that 7th margarita! :o

They are happy to make any of the frozen drinks without alcohol if you prefer, in additon to sodas and bottles of water. Enjoy! :)

After a Dirty Monkey and a few Margaritas I thought that photo looked great and bought it! :o

Aha! A fellow "I bought the photo" alumni! Yes, we have the the souvenir photo as well...also bought after the margaritas and dirty monkeys started flowing!

To all those still thinking about Nachi, try it, you'll love it!

Pete

From what I've read it's only about a 10-15 minute taxi ride to/from and they are available all day. Obviously you'd want to leave plenty of time to get back to the ship though for whatever reason.. I can post more info in a few weeks when I get back with pictures etc.

That would be great! We are planning to go in May and I'd love to hear about your experience. :)

Have fun!

We will be IN Cozumel on Christmas Day. I wonder if our Palapa will have a Christmas tree in it ;)

We'll be there on Christmas Eve...maybe I'll take some Christmas lights to decorate our Palapa. I'll leave them for you. ;)

Archived