Nachi Cocom

thegima

I've been to Nachi before and I'll be there again in December. This time I'm going with 3 family members who have never been to Cozumel before. My DH and I will be parasailing there (our first time) and while I'm nervous about it, I'm going to go for it!!

Nachi is not the crazy party...get drunk and act silly kinda place. Its very relaxing, laid back, and low key kinda place. Im sure they have a full capacity at times (100 people max.), but there were maybe 12 other people there when we were there.

We had great service, great food, and delicious drinks. Our waiter brought our drinks to us on the beach, in the water, or wherever we were. Im not a big drinker, but... I met this lady from a Carnival cruise and she and I hung out by the swim up bar; I matched her drink for drink... "Dos mas, por favor." Needless to say, those frozen blue drinks did me in and my DH had to get us back to the ship. I collected lotsa shells and the pictures are amazing. Its the beach where they film the Corona commercials and it even more gorgeous in person. I'd recommend Nachi in a heartbeat.

Its the beach where they film the Corona commercials and it even more gorgeous in person. I'd recommend Nachi in a heartbeat.

I know that they film the Corona commercials in different locations all the time. But what I've read on these boards (and on the internet) that the place they filmed the commercials in Cozumel was Paradise Island. :confused:

I know that they film the Corona commercials in different locations all the time. But what I've read on these boards (and on the internet) that the place they filmed the commercials in Cozumel was Paradise Island. :confused:

I read they filmed in Costa Maya.

Nachi Cocom is heaven on earth! It's beautiful, the food, drinks and service are great! It's not crazy wild, but a lot of relaxed fun! Our waiter asked what kind of drinks I wanted for the day. I said that I wanted to feel like I was in paradise... he brought a few "tasters" so I could find "the one". I HIGHLY suggest the Chi Chi.... pina colada with Kahlua!

Was just there on Friday, October 10. Highly recommend it. We had Manual as our waiter and he was great. Nachos, guacamole and shrimp lunch was fantastic. Coconut ice cream for dessert to die for.

We rented mats/floats for the day for $7 each, can double as a chair mat. Also rented a giant tube (can only imagine the laughs watching 10 50 year olds trying to climb on and off. Was well worth the $20 for the day.

They have upgraded the pool and hot tub and a few in our group enjoyed it.

Tried the dirty monkey as suggested on cruise critic. Not my favorite but that's only my opinion. Stuck to vodka and tonic for the rest of the day. Most of the gang has margaritas and said they were great.

DH enjoyed a mexican light beer.

Clean restrooms, delicious food, awesome beach. It was a terrific day!!

Will be there next week. Went in 2010 first, then back in 2011, and will go again this year.

Our son was 2 when we went the first time, and he loved it as well. He doesnt really remember it, but is anxious to go back this time.

Edit to add pictures:

265.jpg

264.jpg

255.jpg

249.jpg

240.jpg

We rented mats/floats for the day for $7 each, can double as a chair mat. Also rented a giant tube (can only imagine the laughs watching 10 50 year olds trying to climb on and off. Was well worth the $20 for the day.

They have upgraded the pool and hot tub and a few in our group enjoyed it.

Just wondering if you had any pictures of the mats and especially the "giant tube"? I'm just trying to picture in my head what this is. Also any other pictures you would like to share of the place would be great.

What upgrades did they do to the pool and hot tub?

Just wondering if you had any pictures of the mats and especially the "giant tube"? ?

The mats for $7 are about 6 ft long by 18-20 inches wide and 2 inches thick - covered heavy foam like you'd typically find in a pool. My daughters loved floating in the ocean on it.;) No idea what the giant tube is. :confused:

Good luck! :)

If 4 of us book do we get 2 palm shades with 2 beds each or are given 1 palm with 4 beds. We'd want 2 palms next to each other as having g just one wouldn't give enough shade for four people.

Tell your waiter that you want shade and he'll sit you as you deisre. Good luck! :)

So are there assigned seats there? Like every family gets an area with seats (depending on how big the party is) under an umbrella?

Your waiter wil take you to where they would like you to sit -- they try to spread parties out a bit; let them know up front if you want to be near the waves, near the pool, extra shade, close to the bar :o, whatever. They will sit you where you want, and you are free to move later if desired.

Relax, order another margarita, and enjoy. :)

Your waiter wil take you to where they would like you to sit -- they try to spread parties out a bit; let them know up front if you want to be near the waves, near the pool, extra shade, close to the bar :o, whatever. They will sit you where you want, and you are free to move later if desired.

Relax, order another margarita, and enjoy. :)

Great. Thanks so much! :)

My husband and I loved Nachi Cocom when we visited in 2010. Below are some pics from our visit. The drinks were not strong, but you could ask for an extra shot on the side if you like. The food was yummy and the hammocks were nice. The massage was awesome!!!! As a side note, some really great friends we met from Canada on our cruise had rented a scooter and had planned to meet us at Nachi, but they thought it was a terribly run down place from the street and did not dare enter because of a dead dog at the entrnce. so they turned around and went back to the ship. Please, give this place a chance. It is much better fro the inside than it is from the gate.

DSC03463.jpg

DSC03469.jpg

DSC03470.jpg

DSC03472.jpg

I went to Nachi Cocum in Dec 2011 - it's a wonderful place!!! Great relaxation - hammocks, it was me and 2 friends - we swam even though it was a little chilly, played in the sand, got some sun - the food is great and so are the drinks. The staff was lovely! We never got in the pool or hot tub. It's such a relaxing atmosphere and so gorgeous! We are going back next month on a cruise when we stop in cozumel - very excited!!

Archived