Nachi Cocom

thegima

Mitsugirly, I'm actually going to Mr. Sanchos in November. They have an all you can eat and drink. They don't limit the number of people like Nachi does and has the water toys so probably geared more towards family but I will have kids. Price wise, if you book through shore excursioneer dot come, the price for adults is only $45. $10 cheaper then Nachi. My kids are only $35 so thats a price savings too.

Look it up on shore excursioneer and you will see the menu for both food & drinks. I was hesitant to spend that much for my family but being in Cozumel from 9-5, I'm hoping we'll get our moneys worth.

Good reviews here too so maybe something for you to check out.

I've heard people mention Mr Sanchos, but I'm not sure if I want to go just because of the water slides in the water. I believe I inquired about them months and months ago and someone said that they were out in the water in a pretty deep area and that the child has to be able to climb them by them self (and my daughter is only 4). I know if we were to go there and she seen them and wasn't able to play on them it would be a day of her whining about it because she wasn't able to do it. :( Doesn't it cost extra for the water toys in the water too?

Doesn't it cost extra for the water toys in the water too?

I think they are included if you are on the AI side of Mr. Sanchos - they do cost extra if you are on the pay-as-you-go side, and yes the water will be too deep for a 4-year old unless Mom is there with her. :o

I think they are included if you are on the AI side of Mr. Sanchos - they do cost extra if you are on the pay-as-you-go side, and yes the water will be too deep for a 4-year old unless Mom is there with her. :o

Oh mom and dad don't let her out of their site. She can swim, but I would never trust her in the water alone no matter what. Plus when we go on cruises and if we are going to be in the ocean, she will have her puddle jumper on. I'm just worried that she would not be able to climb up on them (with them being out in the deep water and she would have to climb from a position of just floating instead of her foot on the ground to push up). Plus I don't know if there is an age limit either. There was another place that we looked up and there was an age limit of 5 years old in order to get on them. :(

The water toys are $12 extra even if you do the AI. I figured they are the same price at Paradise Beach which is where I was originally going to go so its a wash money wise. This way I know exactly what I'm going to pay for food and drinks and don't have to carry lots of cash with me.

Oh mom and dad don't let her out of their site. She can swim, but I would never trust her in the water alone no matter what. Plus when we go on cruises and if we are going to be in the ocean, she will have her puddle jumper on. I'm just worried that she would not be able to climb up on them (with them being out in the deep water and she would have to climb from a position of just floating instead of her foot on the ground to push up). Plus I don't know if there is an age limit either. There was another place that we looked up and there was an age limit of 5 years old in order to get on them. :(

Mitsugirly, why don't you send them an email and ask them about the age limit and the depth of the water? I would think its pretty deep seeing that people jump off of them. They got back to me within a day when I inquired about buying the passes from them directly.

Maybe instead of the beach, you can hang by the pool :confused:. I think the AI side only has a nice pool and this way your daughter won't see the toys :confused:

Nachi Cocom All inclusive Beach Break

16 years and over $ 55.00

Children 12 - 15 years $ 35.00

Children 4 - 11 years $ 17.00

Children 3 and under FREE

If you end up booking Nachi just book through their website and pay with creditcard/paypal. I don't think any of the third parties are cheaper and that just adds one more middle man you have to deal with.

I wouldn't worry about food.. you get a 3 course meal and all the drinks you want. We ate breakfast on the ship since we didn't arrive until 10am - so this meal was more of a big lunch which holds you over until dinner on the ship.

I think 4 years old is a bit young to do the water toys (if they even allow it). On top of everything else already mentioned there will be dozens of other older kids there climbing up sliding out etc - maybe if you guys had the place to yourself and you were the only ones out there it could be enjoyed but I don't see that happening :)

Nachi Cocom All inclusive Beach Break

16 years and over $ 55.00

Children 12 - 15 years $ 35.00

Children 4 - 11 years $ 17.00

Children 3 and under FREE

If you end up booking Nachi just book through their website and pay with creditcard/paypal. I don't think any of the third parties are cheaper and that just adds one more middle man you have to deal with.

I wouldn't worry about food.. you get a 3 course meal and all the drinks you want. We ate breakfast on the ship since we didn't arrive until 10am - so this meal was more of a big lunch which holds you over until dinner on the ship.

I think 4 years old is a bit young to do the water toys (if they even allow it). On top of everything else already mentioned there will be dozens of other older kids there climbing up sliding out etc - maybe if you guys had the place to yourself and you were the only ones out there it could be enjoyed but I don't see that happening :)

I agree. I had pretty much narrowed my choices down to Nachi or Paradise. I think I'm just going to stick with Nachi. It seems like every western cruise we go on has a stop in Cozumel. So, maybe next time I'll be able to pick another place. I really don't want to pay these prices to get in and another $12 per person on top of that just to play on the water toys (even if my little could). That's still another $36 on top of the rest. To me, it's just not worth it.

Just back from Nachi last week. I think this place is HIGHLY overrated.

We drove past Paradise Beach on the way and saw the beautiful grounds. Got to Nachi and it was all weeds. No paper in the bathroom...

The beach was so sloped the lounger was at a 45 degree angle, dumping you onto the sand almost. Loungers are hard plastic slats and uncomfortable.

Fajitas was chewy. Not good at all. Drinks were strong but had difficulty getting waiter to serve you. There were 90 people there that day.

I left after only 2 1/2 hours. Not my kind of place at all.

Just back from Nachi last week. I think this place is HIGHLY overrated.

We drove past Paradise Beach on the way and saw the beautiful grounds. Got to Nachi and it was all weeds. I don't care about the parking lot appearance

No paper in the bathroom...someone should have corrected this after you notified the manager

The beach was so sloped the lounger was at a 45 degree angle, dumping you onto the sand almost. Loungers are hard plastic slats and uncomfortable.Never had an issue with the loungers - if you don't like where you are seated you can always move.

Fajitas was chewy. Not good at all.Try the shrimp or seafood next time. Drinks were strong but had difficulty getting waiter to serve you. There were 90 people there that day. Never seen it that crowded and never had poor service

I left after only 2 1/2 hours. Not my kind of place at all.

Sorry it did not live up to your expectations -- We've enjoyed Nachi twice after exploring other places in Coz and have always had a good time - can't wait to go back. Good luck! :)

The only gripe I had about the place (which isn't that big of deal and could have been resolved if we mentioned it early enough) was the loungers where we were seated were on a decline towards the water and I kept sliding forward in mine. After snorkeling I decided to use my sandals to push sand under the front legs and try to level it out a little bit and that helped. Not something I'd bring up if I were asked about the place though, just an FYI :)

:D

I thought the same thing- those chairs in front of the restaurant were just awful- very uncomfortable on a downward slant. I should have changed, but didn't.

Just back from Nachi last week. I think this place is HIGHLY overrated. - To each their own.

We drove past Paradise Beach on the way and saw the beautiful grounds. Got to Nachi and it was all weeds. No paper in the bathroom... This is the second time you've bashed the place for having "weeds" on the ground at the entrance (as you said the first time).

The beach was so sloped the lounger was at a 45 degree angle, dumping you onto the sand almost. Loungers are hard plastic slats and uncomfortable. - The loungers closer to the water in front of the pool were at a slope, to say it was a 45degree angle is more than exaggerated though. I dealt with it, I considered moving but once I laid the beach towel on the chair and moved some sand under the front I was good to go.

Fajitas was chewy. Not good at all. Drinks were strong but had difficulty getting waiter to serve you. There were 90 people there that day. - You must be used to americanized dried out flour tortillas. Authentic mexican corn tortillas are much more chewy (there is nothing wrong with this, that's just how they are and apparently you don't like it). I find it hard to believe that if you waived someone down they wouldn't serve you.

I left after only 2 1/2 hours. Not my kind of place at all. - No offense but you sound extremely hard to please.

I wouldn't hesitate to go there again, and plan on it next time we do a western. The place is great but you have to have realistic expectations. After reading all the reviews on CC and trip advisor one should have a pretty good idea what to expect. It's not a 5 star resort, it's a small beach club.

I wouldn't hesitate to go there again, and plan on it next time we do a western. The place is great but you have to have realistic expectations. After reading all the reviews on CC and trip advisor one should have a pretty good idea what to expect. It's not a 5 star resort, it's a small beach club.

It looks so beautiful on the web site - I hope we aren't dissappointed as I'm the one who chose this place for our group to go to in Cozumel - always a hard call when dealing with 10 other people

I can deal with a little bit of weeds at the entrance but I would still expect it to look like a nice little slice of Paradise in the Caribbean, if you know what I mean.

I have been struggling with where to go in Cozumel because we have been to Chankanaab twice now. I just can't imagine any place being nicer and prettier than that place. I just want to pick a place that we won't be disappointed and I know it's going to be hard to live up to Chankanaab. :(

Reading this thread to decide myself whether to give Nachi another chance. Have been there several times before, but on our last trip (this past New Years Eve), the place had gone downhill big time! We were very disappointed in the food - it was just terrible - the watered-down drinks and the service was practically non-existant. You actually had to get up and go get your own drinks...

And to make matters even worse, they had installed some of those giant blow-up floating water toys which was one of the things we were trying to AVOID.

It was very disappointing to see that Nachi was beginning to appeal to the mass audience and families and was no longer the laid-back, quiet and great resort it was before.

I think we'll move to another resort or just rent a jeep and drive around the island - which we've done before - and its a lot of fun to stop at all the little beach bars along the way.

Will keep watching this thread to see if there are more positive reports on Nachi.

I hope the owners are reading this and respond to the feedback!

Is this the same place that I read multiple reviews talking about the hot tubs being freezing cold? We never go to the ports to get in the hot tubs or usually we don't use the pools much either. I go to the beach to swim in the ocean. However, it is going to be December when we get there, so the hot tubs "might" be an option that we would like to try out if needed.

I've read so many different reviews on the 4 different ports I'm going to that it's hard to keep track of them all at this point. So, I was just wondering if this is the same place people were complaining about the hot tubs and other things? :confused:

Is this the same place that I read multiple reviews talking about the hot tubs being freezing cold? We never go to the ports to get in the hot tubs or usually we don't use the pools much either. I go to the beach to swim in the ocean. However, it is going to be December when we get there, so the hot tubs "might" be an option that we would like to try out if needed.

I've read so many different reviews on the 4 different ports I'm going to that it's hard to keep track of them all at this point. So, I was just wondering if this is the same place people were complaining about the hot tubs and other things? :confused:

Once when we were there the hot tub was only tepid (which was fine in the heat), the other time it was as hot as the tubs on the ship. We love the place - relax, crack open a good book, admire the scenery and ocean view, and order another margarita.

Looking forward to your post trip report. Good luck! :)

We will be on the Triumph in October as well. I really would like to go to Nachi Cocom but am worried about not getting back to the ship in time. Should I be concerned? Also, my husband and I are not big alcohol drinkers, will there be other things to drink? It looks lovely, I think it would be a perfect excursion for us. Any info would be welcomed.

I am also a non-drinker, so I swilled virgin strawberry daiquiris most of the day! They have many non-alcoholic options, as well as the usual assortment of soft drinks, so you'll be fine. I was there in August with my granddaughters - there weren't more than 25 people there. It was lovely!

I'll be there next Friday and will let you know how it is. This is our second time back there (last time was 4 years ago) and we loved it then so hopefully we will enjoy it again this time.

Yes, please come back with a report (and pictures if you can). We will be there in December and I'm really having a problem deciding on this place (or any other place in Cozumel). :( I'm getting really worried because there is suppose to be 7 ships in port that day and I'm afraid everything is going to book up quickly (if it hasn't already) and I'm going to lose out. :eek:

We have been to Nachi Cocom and look forward to being there again in 2 weeks. Here are some photos that will help you to see what the beach is like. It is fantastic! Some of the loungers that are over by the dock are on an angle, however, most are in a nice flat area.

I have also been to Paradise Beach and IMHO there is no comparison. If you want a quiet beach day, Nachi Cocom is your place. Paradise is more of a party type beach. Way more people and way more activities.

BTW-been to Nachi twice, once while on a cruise and once while staying on the island...it's that good.

nachi.jpg.837f687a93feff59171079b055fd03b7.jpg

nachi1.jpg.f07fb458a8f2fcb0870396bc68261a1b.jpg

nachi2.jpg.76df0a1f22a827a115d0900a3f81e620.jpg

nachi4.jpg.b06d8c67adffe145742b9aaa4d7756c9.jpg

Yes, please come back with a report (and pictures if you can). We will be there in December and I'm really having a problem deciding on this place (or any other place in Cozumel). :( I'm getting really worried because there is suppose to be 7 ships in port that day and I'm afraid everything is going to book up quickly (if it hasn't already) and I'm going to lose out. :eek:

We are also going to Nachi in a couple of weeks, will report back. The pictures that Joeybun posted convinced me we made the right choice for our Cozumel day.

We have been to Nachi Cocom and look forward to being there again in 2 weeks. Here are some photos that will help you to see what the beach is like. It is fantastic! Some of the loungers that are over by the dock are on an angle, however, most are in a nice flat area.

I have also been to Paradise Beach and IMHO there is no comparison. If you want a quiet beach day, Nachi Cocom is your place. Paradise is more of a party type beach. Way more people and way more activities.

BTW-been to Nachi twice, once while on a cruise and once while staying on the island...it's that good.

Thanks for posting the pictures of NC. Very nice and can't wait to get there:D

Archived