Pride One More Time ??????

HappyValley3

Thinking about cruising Carnival Pride for the fourth time. But my experiences so far haven't been good to say the least.

1st cruise - Terrible, terrible storm on the way back to Baltimore in Oct/Nov. Theatre was damaged; we slept in chairs on the main deck to keep from being sea sick. We sailed for 24 hrs. using emergency lighting. Back to Baltimore 1 day late. Everyone was safe and I'm not complaining, it was just very scary.

2nd cruise - Sailed with 3 friends. Three of them were sick midway to end of cruise. Even had to cancel an excursion in Freeport. Home safely again.

3rd cruise - My granddaughter and myself got a lung infection after snorkeling at the first port. I did a review of this on the Grand Turk site. We had to visit the medical center sick. Couldn't wait to get home and we both were sick for 2 more weeks.

So what do you all think. ..... One more time or not? The biggest draw to Pride is I can drive there in 4 hours.

It doesn't really sound like any of this was the ship. You could sail on any of the ships and get sick. The thing with the Pride is..the waters are usually rough while coming in and out of the Chesapeake. So if you're prone to sea-sickness, it can be bad. I've sailed on her once..and was dreadfully seasick. It was October, which is a rough water time. I'm sailing on her again in June, we'll see how it goes.

We've sailed on Pride twice SO FAR and one of them was this past New Year's Eve. It was brutally cold upon arrival in Baltimore, so windy that my husband stayed in the car while I zipped up my jacket & wrapped a scarf around my face! We had a GREAT TIME. I never wore shorts that week, never put on a swim suit, but we had SUCH A GOOD TIME partaking in indoor activities we would otherwise not have done. First sailing on Pride was a few months prior in August & we had such a good time we decided to go back on her!!!

I say, for convenience alone, go for it!!! Our drive is 3.5 hours and we definitely plan to sail Pride again.

We have been on Pride in January, May, August and November and never had a problem with motion. Actually the open waters have been remarkably calm. Pride probably has one of the most loyal followings, as it is the only Carnival boat that operates year round within a short driving distance for those of us in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic.

Another option is NYC but parking in Baltimore is $105 for the week while NYC is up to $280. Still the summer cruises out of NY are great to see lower Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty.

I know the actual ship didn't make anyone sick. I guess I just feel slightly doomed sailing the Pride and need some reassurance that things will be okay the next time.

I take motion sickness meds and wasn't sea sick on any of the cruises. Friends were sea sick on one, and stomach issues on the other. I was the only healthy one until the last cruise.

Hmmmmm, I think you all made it clear to me what's been wrong with my Pride cruises......maybe I should cruise without them? lol

Anyway, thanks for you responses and help.

I'm going on Pride in September for the 4th time this year...They have all been different.

In March the ship was late getting in and I never boarded till 7:30 that night.

It was cold on the Feb. trip and in April it was 58 degreees in Bermuda. People I was with got sick too.

Hoping September is smooth sailing...going solo for this one.!

Give it another shot...LOL

We will be on our 17th cruise and our ninth Pride cruise this October. Getting sick is never a good experience but that could happen anywhere and any time. Along with sailing from Baltimore we have sail from southern ports too. It has been our experience that it doesn't matter where you start your cruise for a storm to alter your cruise vacation. I hope the forth time is a charm for you. Good luck and happy sailing!