Random questions about Equinox

joand452

We’re going on our first X cruise soon. Is there a piano bar? What exactly is the Persian Garden? And...does the buffet have food stations or is it one long line to serve yourself food?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No piano bar on any Celebrity ship.

Persian Garden is an area of the Spa with heater loungers, great views, etc. it is open to passengers in Aqua Class for no charge. Other passengers can buy a pass for tge Persian Garden.

Buffet is set up in stations.

Thank you for your reply. I did the heated loungers on a Princess ship. I promptly fell asleep, and woke up to people staring. Wonder if I’d been snoring and/or drooling! I read as Elite (Diamond on Royal), we get to use it one time.

We do like a piano bar, but hopefully we’ll find another bar to make our home at night. And we really dislike long buffet lines (one of our major gripes about Carnival Vista), so we’re happy about the stations! We’re never up early enough for breakfast in the MDR.

Thank you for your reply. I did the heated loungers on a Princess ship. I promptly fell asleep, and woke up to people staring. Wonder if I’d been snoring and/or drooling! I read as Elite (Diamond on Royal), we get to use it one time.

We do like a piano bar, but hopefully we’ll find another bar to make our home at night. And we really dislike long buffet lines (one of our major gripes about Carnival Vista), so we’re happy about the stations! We’re never up early enough for breakfast in the MDR.

We are Diamond on RCCL as well & took our 1st cruise on Celebrity (Equinox) last October. We are sailing on the Equinox again in a couple weeks. You will be pleasantly surprised with the buffet on the Equinox compared to what you are used to on RCCL. In October, there were virtually no children on the ship, so our experience will be a little different in August, but I expect the level of service will be the same.

Celebrity staff serves most of the food at each station rather than having a free for all. The carving station had whole pigs that were roasted on board, one night they even had filet mignon, cooked to order. The food options were delicious not to mention fresher & healthier than what RCCL offers.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

And...does the buffet have food stations or is it one long line to serve yourself food?

We have been on several Celebrity cruises and just got off the Equinox 2 days ago. The buffet has numerous food stations, many times the same food station is repeated at another spot in the buffet so if it's too busy at the station where you want to get your food, you can look for another station with similar/same choices.

Here's an image (see Tip 1) of the buffet on the Summit: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1855