Luggage valet cost ?

mziemke

i’m sure it’s been talked about before but if

Someone could give me a ballpark figure

Of the cost involved in doing this out of

Ft Lauderdale w/United I be very grateful

(As I cannot get a cost from RCCL over the phone)

but airline fees still apply; not sure if that is true..

That is correct and they will even catch up with you for overweight fees.

We flew 1st class in October so no luggage fees. But one bag was over weight and they billed us for that. I wish we had taken the luggage scale as all it would have taken was to move a few items around.

Just wonder what is luggage valet???

You put your bags outside your stateroom on the last night of the cruise, and the next time you see them is at your destination airport. The cruise line arranges to transport the bags to the airport for you.

Agree with Bob. $25 per person plus any fees your airline may charge for bags or luggage extra weight charges.

Someone told me it was suite perk, no $25 charge, but airline fees still apply; not sure if that is true..

This is correct.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

oh wow that is amazing. I never heard of it before. Did you say it was free if you are in a suite? we are staying in a royal family suite.

You put your bags outside your stateroom on the last night of the cruise, and the next time you see them is at your destination airport. The cruise line arranges to transport the bags to the airport for you.

oh wow that is amazing. I never heard of it before. Did you say it was free if you are in a suite? we are staying in a royal family suite.

Yes, it is a perk of your suite.

You would still be responsible for any baggage fees that your airline charges, but the transfer service (from ship to airport) is complimentary.

Is luggage valet something we can decide during the cruise or is this something we need to decide before the cruise?

Your only choice is to decide during the cruise, you cannot sign up for Luggage Valet before the cruise.

Thanks Bob. This is our first cruise so I'm learning as we go, but it helps a lot being on this board and from people like you. Thanks.

We are cruising Feb. 11th on Oasis of the Seas.

You're very welcome and Bon Voyage!

I believe the price is $25 per person now.

Per person, regardless of the # of bags? If you fly southwest (2 free checked bags) can you just check both people’s bags under 1 person and pay $25 total instead of $50?

This service would be sooooo great to have in San Juan, eliminating the need for the Barrachina drop off. I’m guessing the USDA check is the reason they don’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Per person, regardless of the # of bags? If you fly southwest (2 free checked bags) can you just check both people’s bags under 1 person and pay $25 total instead of $50?

This service would be sooooo great to have in San Juan, eliminating the need for the Barrachina drop off. I’m guessing the USDA check is the reason they don’t do it.

Yes, you can just pay for one person if the two of you only have a total of two bags on Southwest.

I would also suggest you opt for Early Bird on Southwest, as you have no idea when the ship will actually check you in.

Last advice question on this :) So if we do luggage valet should we do self walk off? We will be with our two kids (6&3). Originally we were going to do the assigned time since we had the kids but if we don’t have our luggage self walk off might be best.

Last advice question on this :) So if we do luggage valet should we do self walk off? We will be with our two kids (6&3). Originally we were going to do the assigned time since we had the kids but if we don’t have our luggage self walk off might be best.

There is a time to walk off for Luggage Valet guests, you will see that in the documentation they give you when you sign up.