Best night for Steakhouse?

shelbymustang

We are booked on an 8-day S. Caribbean Cruise on July 25th. Can't wait! What night would be best to make Steakhouse reservations? 2nd choice if 1st night is booked? I don't want to miss any special meals in the MDR. Thanks!! :)

My routine is the Steakhouse on the last night of the cruise. I won't miss the lobster or chateaubriand that they serve on the elegant nights in the MDR, and the Steakhouse gives me a leisurely opportunity to review the cruise and get mentally ready for the morning's return to reality.

With a big meal the last night, I don't worry about breakfast, I can debark the ship using either platinum or carry off, be at the airport by 8-9 AM, and then grab a bite to eat.

I don't drink booze, so the free cheapo vino the 1st night in the Steakhouse is not an issue.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by evandbob

I'd love some insight too for the best night, other than the first night. Doing an 8 day southern, on the Sunshine.

There's no real answer to this question because everyone's tastes are different. My advice is to find the menus for the main dining room for your cruise. Then find which night that you are least interested in what is being served, and pick that night to go to the steakhouse. You can find menus for each night by googling "zydecocruiser" and searching for menus on that site. They won't be exact, but you'll get an idea of what will be served on your cruise.

I think "best" depends on the person. The best night for you might be making an elegant night even more special by having a great meal in the steakhouse. The best for someone else may be going the 1st night to get the free wine. Others may choose to go on a night they know they dining room isn't serving something they particularly like. We usually like to go somewhere in the middle of the cruise on an elegant night. On our last cruise with a steakhouse, we did go on the very first night of the cruise, but we regretted it just a tiny bit because we spent the rest of the cruise comparing the MDR food to the steakhouse!

On our upcoming cruise on the Liberty, we are going on the first night for a couple of reasons

First, with the late sailing the MDR is open seating so we would not have our regular wait staff and

Second, the free bottle of cheapo wine. I love something free

On a sort of relevant question that probably should be asked on another thread

I understand that if you don't get the included wine you can get a discount on a bottle of your choice. If you have the Cheers program do you get a further discount?

Thanks

Tom

We go on the first night and it's not just because there is a free bottle of wine. On just about every Carnival ship we have sailed, be it the old menu or the New American Table menu, the first night, to me, has the worst selection of food.

Every other night has menus that are better in my opinion.