Riviera: Malaga

Shawnino

Anyone know which of the two cruise terminals the Riviera typically uses in Malaga?

My tour operator is asking.

Thanks.

(Yes, I could call Miami and will do so as a last resort. I'm betting people on this board actually know.)

Anyone know which of the two cruise terminals the Riviera typically uses in Malaga?

My tour operator is asking.

Thanks.

(Yes, I could call Miami and will do so as a last resort. I'm betting people on this board actually know.)

I've organized dozens, maybe hundreds of Private Tours, and a question like that, particularly in a small port like Malaga would send me running away from that operator.

If they aren't clever enough to determine the terminal for themselves, what else will you be missing by touring with them?

Not a good sign. I'd look elsewhere.

When we were there, twice, we parked right in front of the town. Sorry can't tell you the name, but it's a very nice clean port area, especially for a country with high unemployment.

We were on the Riviera or Marina.

I've organized dozens, maybe hundreds of Private Tours, and a question like that, particularly in a small port like Malaga would send me running away from that operator.

If they aren't clever enough to determine the terminal for themselves, what else will you be missing by touring with them?

Not a good sign. I'd look elsewhere.

You beat me to it....

OP: run (don't walk) away from that tour operator!

It's a while since we've docked at Malaga but last time we did it on our own, and in 2008 we used an agency to go to the Alhambra and they had NO trouble finding us!

So I agree ... find another tour operator.

Mura

Thanks. (I think.) (No. I'm sure.)

I am the first person to admonish people that this is Cruise 'Critic' and not Cruise 'Cheerleading'. So I appreciate the honest assessment of your collective Spidey-Senses that this operator might not be on-the-ball. I do appreciate it.

As it happens they are exceptionally well-reviewed on TripAdvisor (only one unfavourable review over a number of years) and the Director has been quick to reply to my many notes and great about planning to accommodate my mobility needs. If I've blown it here I guess I'll find out next month, but as it sits he has my confidence.

If anyone has further berthing info, I'll be checking back. Thanks again.

Shawnino, it's your decision of course! And if this outfit is so highly regarded on Trip Advisor I'd probably do as you are. But it's surprising to me that they want you to give them information they should be able to get on their own, that's all.

I don't remember the port as being so enormous but as I said earlier it's been a number of years since we were there. So that could be a reason for their question.

When we were last there, it was an easy walk into town. Perhaps there is now another port that is further away?

Mura

I "saw" you on marinetraffic.com this morning, or maybe it was yesterday morning - Barcelona or Civitavecchia. Crowded wherever it was - you were sharing space with two other Costa ships and one or two other ships.

I always search out the port websites of each port I'll be visiting, just to see where we'll likely be assigned and who we'll be with in port. Not all port sites show berth assignments, but when they do, I love it.

Hope you enjoy Malaga - nice place.

Edited by roothy123