Gem Laundry

bones774

Im thinking about 11 day Gem cruise, does the Gem offer the laundry special like they had on Bway? and if so, what day would that fall on? just one day special?

thanks

Yes, the Gem will have the bag special. Probably on about the 4th day if your cruise is 7 days.

We just returned from a 15 day cruise on the Sun. The laundry special was offered over a period of about 5 days ~ not just one specific day as it has been on other cruises.

If you are very careful and also bring a roll of duct tape to repair tears in the bag, you can get A LOT into it! My husband is 6'3" and wears 3XL Tall shirts. I managed to get 9 polo shirts, 2 pairs of shorts and 9 pairs of underwear into the bag! ;p

I DO MISS the self-service laundries. Princess still has them, I think. NCL did too, years ago.

We just returned from a 15 day cruise on the Sun. The laundry special was offered over a period of about 5 days ~ not just one specific day as it has been on other cruises.

If you are very careful and also bring a roll of duct tape to repair tears in the bag, you can get A LOT into it! My husband is 6'3" and wears 3XL Tall shirts. I managed to get 9 polo shirts, 2 pairs of shorts and 9 pairs of underwear into the bag! ;p

I DO MISS the self-service laundries. Princess still has them, I think. NCL did too, years ago.

Did you really give them a torn, overstuffed bag?

A tip we got some one of the helpful & friendly Room Steward years ago with the stuffed bag special, he gave us a clean pillow case as a liner/insert with paper bag ... problems solved.

Do an inventory count of the items & fill out the slips and off it go - has been getting basket full of clean & folded items back each & every time. No duct tape used or needed. Or, you can use one of the those hotel laundry bag, most of them are sized about the same. Roll them tight & squeeze and stuff it all in.

Shared this insider's tip & pass it along. Although, some reported that NCL has switched to a plastic liner/bag, maybe not fleetwide and/or only for some ??