What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

As you know from experience, if there is inventory, NCL will accept bids early. Late bids are fighting over what’s left for a higher price. Good luck!

So do you suspect they then work backwards from higest bid down to make their selections to who is accepted?

Congratulations. We’re cruising on the same date but on the Getaway. I haven’t heard yet, but checking daily [emoji23].

You’ll love the haven on the breakaway as it’s fabulous. Enjoy [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your sailing has tons of Haven suites still available! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congratulations. We’re cruising on the same date but on the Getaway. I haven’t heard yet, but checking daily [emoji23].

You’ll love the haven on the breakaway as it’s fabulous. Enjoy [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! This is our first time in the Haven so we are pretty excited.

We are on the Breakaway last week of March. We are currently in a large balcony room. Received my email 3 days ago and bid on a Haven forward facing penthouse with balcony. Minimum bid was $400 for 2 guests, so a total of $800 minimum. I bid $430/ person for a total of $860. I hope this bid gets accepted. The more i read about the Haven, the more I think I need it! I'm dying to know if/ when it will be accepted so if anyone can answer my question that would be great!!

We are on the same ship Julie. We got an upgrade bid offer this week We're interested in bidding, but not as much as the minimum ($400) they want to move up to a Haven room that's the same size as what we have already. The amenities being offered don't warrant the extra $800 to us, but we're willing to bid less. Does anyone have suggestions on how to counter with a low bid? (there's no tel. # to call and no way to email the bidding dept. ) Thanks. Also, is there going to be a meet and greet on this trip? Cheers, Robin

Does anybody know whether they ever send another e-mail after the first one? Meaning, if you don't bid the first time but suites remain unsold later, do they e-mail again?

we got two offers to upgrade - one 6 weeks before, and one the week of the cruise.

We are on the same ship Julie. We got an upgrade bid offer this week We're interested in bidding, but not as much as the minimum ($400) they want to move up to a Haven room that's the same size as what we have already. The amenities being offered don't warrant the extra $800 to us, but we're willing to bid less. Does anyone have suggestions on how to counter with a low bid? (there's no tel. # to call and no way to email the bidding dept. ) Thanks. Also, is there going to be a meet and greet on this trip? Cheers, Robin

The only amenity you get on a non-Haven cabin to a winning Haven Cabin would be the Haven area, that is the Lounge, DR and Pool area, Butler, in very broad and not all inclusive, general terms. You do not get the perks that a guest buying outright would have. (The up to five Free perks) You only get what you have now, so for example if you have a beverage or dining package that carries over. And no, you can't start with a bid lower than their min.

Kind of a different question.....what’s the least expensive price you’ve seen (or paid out) for two people in ANY Haven Suite?

I’m actually looking to sail on one of the “away” ships in the Haven next month. Trying to figure out if it’s worth bidding or just booking the Haven rate.

Kind of a different question.....what’s the least expensive price you’ve seen (or paid out) for two people in ANY Haven Suite?

I’m actually looking to sail on one of the “away” ships in the Haven next month. Trying to figure out if it’s worth bidding or just booking the Haven rate.

I'd contemplate that based on the perks you currently are holding...if you want 'all' the perks that come with Haven, you can get them with a Haven upgrade purchase, not a bid.

Having said that, I can tell you that I have wanted to move from one Haven Category to another Haven Category and we are only weeks out from sailing. Some of the perks I have, such as a large promotional OBC from the cruiseline, I would lose with an outright upgrade purchase, but would be able to keep on a winning bid.

So how is that for a ball of confusion!

Hi all! I figured I'd throw in my results into the pile. Our cruise is on the Breakaway on 4/8/18 and on 3/20/18 we received our confirmation that we were upgraded. We originally booked a Balcony(BD) and we were upgraded to The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony(H5). We bid $820, which was a few notches into the fair territory if I'm not mistaken.

Note: I'm not 100% sure on where on the scale our bid ranked, but I am positive on the price.

That’s awesome! Do you mind me asking what was your original fare price?

I'd contemplate that based on the perks you currently are holding...if you want 'all' the perks that come with Haven, you can get them with a Haven upgrade purchase, not a bid.

Having said that, I can tell you that I have wanted to move from one Haven Category to another Haven Category and we are only weeks out from sailing. Some of the perks I have, such as a large promotional OBC from the cruiseline, I would lose with an outright upgrade purchase, but would be able to keep on a winning bid.

So how is that for a ball of confusion!

Are there a lot of Haven suites left??? I can check for you if you'd like. [emoji6]

Well you have a really good shot at getting at least one of them as of today.

Well that’s good to hear. I checked the website and they still had H2,4,6 available, however did not see how many in each category as you listed. You must have some inside scoop:-)

Well that’s good to hear. I checked the website and they still had H2,4,6 available, however did not see how many in each category as you listed. You must have some inside scoop:-)

Still 1 H2, 12 H4, 6 H6