Upgrades on a World Cruise

bellemere

Has anyone ever been upgrade while on a World Cruise?

I know of people who have been upgraded for one or more segments of a world cruise. Alas, although towards the end of each segment I was hoping for that letter telling us we had been upgraded, we had no such luck!

I was upgraded on a segment of the WV but I have not heard of anyone upgraded for the full voyage.

Similarly, we have been upgraded on a segment but never for the whole world cruise.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have friends who, when travelling as a party of four, were all upgraded to Princess Grill for the entire 2008 QE2 World Voyage. Now that's what I call an upgrade!

Hi,

I had a nice upgrade on a recent segment of the QM2's World Cruise (Hong Kong to Singapore, April 2017). When I checked in at the pier, I was upgraded from an inside stateroom to one of the new outside single staterooms on Deck 3.

Chuck

We were upgraded to Princess grill on the QE2's last world cruise in 2008. Quite a shock and a very special treat.

It sounds like 2008 was a great year for World Cruise upgrades.

Fingers crossed for the 2018 QE World Cruise. I am happy that I am A1 Guarantee, but would smile broadly were we to get an upgrade. (even for part)

• 5 months later...
I know of people who have been upgraded for one or more segments of a world cruise. Alas, although towards the end of each segment I was hoping for that letter telling us we had been upgraded, we had no such luck!

How do you get an upgrade for a segment of the World Cruise? Do you ask at reception when you board?

How do you get an upgrade for a segment of the World Cruise? Do you ask at reception when you board?

I booked late (October 2014) for the Southampton to Fort Lauderdale segment on the QE 2015 WV. In December I looked at my Voyage Personaliser and saw I had been moved from a Brittania balcony to a Club balcony. I didn't ask for an upgrade but I also did not tell my TA to mark the "do not upgrade" box on booking. Our table in club was comprised of all single travelers and four of us had gotten the upgrade to Club.

Usually once you are onboard they have sold virtually everything. If someone did not show or canceled the day before you might get something but most of the cruises I have been on have had signs by the purser's desk saying that the cruise was sold out.