Sold out, max capacity, no room at the inn

daisysu64

We are 13 days out from a family adventure on the Equinox. We are celebrating my brother's 70 birthday. He lives in Australia and his children and grandkids are scattered all over the U.S., so it is quite an ordeal to get all of them, plus his three sisters in one place. My darling sis was unable to join us due to issues with her family, but they have now been resolved. Woohoo! So she called to get a cabin, sold out! Ok well we have three cabins ( a suite and two interiors) that have room. Another response was max capacity? How is it max capacity when some of the cabins hold 4 people and only 2 are in it? Response..1.coast guard 2. Equinox has 11 cabins available and 14 booked? 3. Equinox has 7 people we have to place? So we can't seem to get a straight answer. This is my first time on Celebrity and it just doesn't seem to make sense. The sister in question is an ELITE status and doesn't understand the math either. Does anyone have any experience getting included so close to the sail date?

Coast guard means they are at max number of passengers for safety. Only so may spots in life rafts and they will not break the rule . Also they often overbook counting on last minute cancellations so having 7 to place means that 7 have already paid for spots and are waiting for a cabins to free up. There will be lots of cabins with empty bunks but they can only fill them if numbers allow it.. not just about having a bed. Being Elite does not help in this situation.. just not one of the perks we get

This is all due to lifeboat capacity. Your cabins are probably part of a lifeboat that's already at capacity, thus you cannot add any more persons. This is an issue with all cruise lines, not just Celebrity, when you're so close to a sail date.

Right, the issue is lifeboat spots. Everyone on board must have a lifeboat spot and it gets trickier that you must have one at your muster station. So say your cabins are in the 7A muster station which is completely full but 8B has a spot open. They would only be able to accommodate you if they are able to shift guarantees around to make room in your muster.

Unfortunately since they are showing as overbooked at this point, it's hard to say if this will work out or not. It's risky to add someone so close to sailing. Sometimes is better to just add them on ahead and get insurance in the event they can't sail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone needs to be proactively trying to work this. People cancel, people get added, don't expect anyone to remember to call you, even if you are on a wait list. I'd be checking the web constantly trying to book a new cabin and also calling a couple of times a day to try to add her to one of yours. Good luck.