MDR breakfast, lunch

Sea and Me

This will be our first time cruising on Carnival. DH and I like to have breakfast and lunch in the MDR and of course dinner. We will be on the Miracle. Is the dining room opened for breakfast and lunch?? Thank you for your response and have a good day.:)

Closed on port days unless you have a late arrival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think this must have changed, since our last cruise the MDR was open for breakfast on port days, even with an early arrival.

As for lunch, I believe that other than sea days when brunch is served (which is great, BTW) it's not open... but there are lots of options for lunch on those days...

Maybe it depends on the ship? I was on the legend in May and on port days the MDR was open for lunch. I had a really good hamburger - much better than the grill up on Lido. Of courese, there is not a Guy's on the Legend.

Maybe it depends on the ship? I was on the legend in May and on port days the MDR was open for lunch. I had a really good hamburger - much better than the grill up on Lido. Of courese, there is not a Guy's on the Legend.

How many years ago? they have no served lunch in the MDR in years. They only did a sea day brunch. breakfast on port days ends at 9, we never made it down that early

?ui=2&ik=3b26f65bb1&view=att&th=15fef74d3737f109&attid=0.1&disp=safe&zw

Here is a picture. It was a really good burger like I said. My phone is time dated and location dated so I checked just to see if I might have been wrong. Took the picture at 12:12 pm. There is only one dining room on the Legend.

How many years ago? they have no served lunch in the MDR in years. They only did a sea day brunch. breakfast on port days ends at 9, we never made it down that early

I believe there are exceptions to this rule...

For example 3 years ago our cruise missed Grand Cayman due to high winds, and the dining room was open as an exception... and it may be that other ships follow a different practice than most of the Carnival ships.

The rule of thumb is most Carnival ships are not open for lunch on port days... but YMMV....

I think this must have changed, since our last cruise the MDR was open for breakfast on port days, even with an early arrival.

As for lunch, I believe that other than sea days when brunch is served (which is great, BTW) it's not open... but there are lots of options for lunch on those days...

Should have clarified I was talking about lunch service.