For those using the new Royal Ap?

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I just downloaded the new Royal app on my Android type phone (In case there are any differences between that and the Apple version) after I heard it works with Enchantment. I'm logged in to the new app and it notes my upcoming cruise on Enchantment and Symphony. It also notes that I have a reservation on Mariner, but at present the app doesn't support that ship.

Now I'm 82 days away and I'm wondering how far out the app starts having information about your cruise? That might be more important in 250 days or so when I'm getting close to Symphony.

Not sure what you are looking for - it won't have anything like Royal IQ does.

People have been reporting that you can look at dinner menus, schedule dining at pay restaurants and book excursions from the new app.

People have been reporting that you can look at dinner menus, schedule dining at pay restaurants and book excursions from the new app.

Yes on the first two (you can see the menus now - no need to wait to be onboard - accuracy has yet to be determined), have not heard about the last one.

It looks like they put it up 60-days ahead of time. Right now the last departure date for any of the ships is August 24ish.

Yes, right around when Symphony came out (late March) they extended the number of sailings the app shows (from only 3-4 weeks before that).

Yes on the first two (you can see the menus now - no need to wait to be onboard - accuracy has yet to be determined), have not heard about the last one.

You've totally missed my question. Those things are not showing us at available yet. My question was when do they show up?

It looks like they put it up 60-days ahead of time. Right now the last departure date for any of the ships is August 24ish.

Ok, good to know. I was just curious.

• 1 month later...

At least for Enchantment, the show schedules, premium dining and excursion offerings showed up at almost exactly 30 days. Now to see how that goes for Symphony in another 200 or so days.

What is the actual name of your app? I see in the app store "Royal Caribbean International" and "Royal IQ"

Which one?

Depends on the ship.

The Royal IQ app is for Quantum class ships and Harmony.

The other app is being rolled out to more ships, but is only on a few now. The app description will list the ships.

I have the new Royal Ap. gives quite a bit of information on your cruise if you want to look it up. I really just looked at it today to see what all was on there for our cruise this Friday on Mariner. I am sure many people will like this a lot

Royal IQ I will get to for the first time on Harmony for the President's Cruise

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I just downloaded the new Royal app on my Android type phone (In case there are any differences between that and the Apple version) after I heard it works with Enchantment. I'm logged in to the new app and it notes my upcoming cruise on Enchantment and Symphony. It also notes that I have a reservation on Mariner, but at present the app doesn't support that ship.

Now I'm 82 days away and I'm wondering how far out the app starts having information about your cruise? That might be more important in 250 days or so when I'm getting close to Symphony.

The Royal Ap does work for Mariner. I am able to see all kinds of things for our cruise this Friday.

Is this app only available to android users? I can’t find it on the apple App Store.

For Apple type in "Royal Caribbean" in the search, it should be the first one to pop up. Has a 4 star rating with 660 rated.

That is the one you want.

The Royal App has their big crown & anchor icon while the Royal IQ App (Quantum class and Harmony/Symphony) has a Q icon. There is also a third app, the Royal Brochure which is nice to show friends.

attachment.php?attachmentid=426937&d=1534807906

One caveat about the Royal App - don’t completely rely on its accuracy. Perhaps it gets adjusted closer to sailing, but right now it is showing dates and times for things during my October 28th Allure cruise that I know are wrong. Like a port shopping talk and the Love & Marriage Show taking place in the Amber Theatre during my reserved showing of Mamma Mia!

The menus appear to be up-to-date but not necessarily in the right order. I believe the second formal night (“lobster night”) is the 5th night on the Eastern itinerary but the Royal App has it on the 6th night.

I used the IQ app when I sailed aboard Harmony and thought it was great! Wish all the ships had it.

~ Judy

1088EB08-2DFC-43F9-9DDF-A110320B2398.thumb.jpeg.d941a3cb122cd345287a4ac7160d40b0.jpeg